Saturday, July 24, 2010

What's the first thing you think of...

when you see this image??

The second I opened this picture this is what popped into my mind:

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. (Psalms 19:1-3 NIV)

John and Janet shot this photo somewhere outside of Denver, CO., on their summer trip and sent it to us this morning.  There are so many reminders of the works of His hands around us but for me the immediate reaction I have to a beautiful sunset is He is at work and my breath is quickly taken from me.  When I lived in Florida and worked on a parasail boat, we would work almost to dark when it was the busy season and we would sit out on the boat for a few minutes before coming in for the night to just take it all in. Everyone was silent, the air salty and fresh and the sunset would go on for miles and miles so you would see nothing but water and sunset.  Ahhhhhh, how I miss you Emerald Coast! 

Have a splendid weekend, maybe watch the sun set with someone you love!

Heavenly Father, we praise You this day as the Glorious One, the Creator of the heavens and the earth. Thank You for revealing – in fact “declaring Your Glory” for all of us to see in every facet of Your creation. Father help us to be more aware of Your Presence and to praise You more faithfully every single day of our lives. In the Glorious Name of Jesus, we pray.
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Heaven was the first word that popped into my mind! Beautiful! Great scripture to go with the image!

    ReplyDelete