Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Passions Colliding

When you share your life with someone that you love it is usually because of a lot of different factors.  Chemistry, mutual interests, shared ideals, similar values and much more.  Tyler and I are no exception.  We are so much alike in so many ways and the ways we aren't, we complete each other in our down falls.  We support each other in the things that are important to the other one. 

One of Tyler's passions is running.  He runs and runs and then runs some more.  He runs with Oscar. He runs with his brother. He runs with Acea. He runs alone.  He runs in races.  He runs at the lake.  He runs just about anywhere.  It makes him feel good!  I am obsessed with running.  I love reading about it, thinking about doing it, talking about it and sometimes trying it.  But I never really get addicted.  I like to be good at things I do and I am not a natural runner...I don't think anyone is actually.  It takes training and hard work.  I usually give up before I get "good" at it. 

Two years ago I had a trainer and managed to get into running.  I ran lots of 5k's and completed a 10k!  That 10k was the one and only time I have experienced "runner's high".  But of course I fell off the band wagon and have only dabbled in running since then. 

One of my passions is traveling and seeing the world!  I love to go anywhere and try new things.  I always have a top ten list in my head of places I want to go.  Some in the good ol' US and some in distant countries.  Tyler on the other hand, would be fine with going to the same places over and over.  But he will travel, I just have to get him hooked! 

Yesterday he sent me an email asking if it would work in our schedule to go to Austin, TX., in February so he can run in a half marathon there.  Of course we can!  I love Austin, he loves Austin, one of my dearest friends lives there, he can run and I can travel!  But then it hit me.  I want to sign up too.  My very supportive husband said, OK but you have to get serious.  So he signed us both up!  Hopefully, like my organizing confessions, this will help me feel accountable and give me the extra push to stick with it! 

The possibilities are endless on travel opportunities with races.  They are all over and Tyler loves training for races and I love traveling!  If I can get myself serious, we can travel for several races a year, see new places, run and everyone is happy!    So try not to get bored to tears as I may have to talk about it some on here for personal motivational purposes! 

For the record...just so you know exactly what nonsense I have signed up for...it is a 1/2 marathon in February.  Exactly 7 months from today.  That = 13.1 miles, people!  Stay tuned, there should be some interesting stories in the meantime. 

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! Can't wait to follow your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Excited for you! You are going to feel such a great sense of accomplishment when you cross that finish line! Let me know if you want help crafting a training plan (though I'm sure your hubby will do that for you).

    ReplyDelete
  3. heather you CAN DO IT i promise!!!!! if you want a fun good running schedule let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete