Thursday, July 15, 2010

Organizing our life.

Its no secret to those of you that know me well enough that I am a hot mess when it comes to organization.  There are "hot spots" in my house that I think about daily.  They are my demons and I also use them as crutches when I start thinking about organizing a particular (easier) area.  So I just give up all together and even the little areas don't get done.  I am determined to do it...but I feel I must confess them for some sort of embarassment or something.  My kitchen cabinets need help, my weird mail collection that needs to be shredded (I am so afraid of identity theft that I have such a stash of mail it would be impossible to ever get to the end of it with my $14.99 shredder), our personal finance stuff needs to be organized in a way that someone could make sense of it all if something were to ever happen to me, linen closets, Paige's closet....I'm going to do it...but I am going to do one at a time.  Since I need containers for my dry goods for the kitchen, it can't start immediately.  I think I will order from the container store but I need to start a project NOW.  So the mail it is.  I will post pictures so you can see later. It really is a hot mess!  I need a place to organize and store my fabric collection so I am going to do that in my black buffet in the dining room.  My formal dining also serves as my sewing room so it makes sense that is where I store it.  (at least to me--so if you naturally organized people think that is a stupid idea please speak up because I plan to master that artea today.)  Once I master that I will move on to another area.  One project at a time.  Until it is under control. Yes my house stays clean, but behind the doors of the closets and drawers, its a hot mess.  I am done with it.  I may enlist advice of those I know have perfectly organized homes as I get to areas where I get disgouraged because I really look at some stuff and think--I have no idea what to do with you, I don't know where else to put you--I can't get rid of you but where do we go from here?!?!?!  So I will start with the shredding issue since I have a HUGE fear of identity fraud but I also get an insane amount of mail.  Credit card offers, refinancing, you name it we get it!  It wears me out. We don't use credit cards and we don't want to refinance and we love our insurance man so no we don't want to save hundreds with your free auto quote!!  LEAVE US ALONE!!  HAHA  sorry. 

That's all for today.  Hopefully confessing this will help me stay on track to get it done.  We have a plenty big enough house to find somewhere reasonable to put everything.  Even though we do not have a dedicated home office, I can find somewhere for everything.  I am determined.  Hopefully I don't bore you all to death with my mission.  

1 comment:

  1. you pretty much described how i feel too! so theraputic to read someone else who thinks like me. "i want to get Z done but i can't do Z until X and Y are in order." and i thought 7 weeks home with the baby would solve the problem. i just needed "free time." ha! one day, lady, our lives will be as organized as we see it in our minds ;)

    ReplyDelete