Thursday, July 29, 2010

Broccoli Salad

If you read the title and think, "Thanks Heather but I already have a broccoli salad recipe." I urge you to walk right on over to your recipe box, throw away your recipe and replace it with this one immediately.  Seriously! Tis is another trusty one from my friend Kim's blog.  I always like the idea of broccoli salad but for some reason I cannot eat bacon bits.  There is some preservative or something in them tht I can taste and I can spot an imposter bacon anywhere no matter how much dressing you put on it!! Well, I was delighted to see this recipe uses real bacon!  And I know your thinking it, well why didn't you just make your bacon for your old recipe...I don't know I just never thought about it, ok?!!  The first time I made this I ate the whole bowl by myself.  Its on my agenda for next week and I can't wait!!  Here you go friends:

Salad

1 bunch of broccoli diced
5 pieces of cooked bacon
1 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup red onion


Dressing
1 1/2 cups of mayo
1/2 cup of sugar
2 TBS. vinegar (Kim and I use extra because you can never have too much vinegar!)

No comments:

Post a Comment