Friday, July 16, 2010

Organization-Part 2

Ok, I really wasn't trying to bribe everyone with my recipes so you would forget my big organizing project.  I have actually made some good progress, I think!  I have just been meaning to post a few recipes on here so I don't lose them!  So back to the clutter!  The dining room buffet is now the proud home of my beloved fabric and craft collection!  Almost all of my fabric and accessories fit but I had some bulk items that I got for a steal that had to stay in my book armoire.  It felt really good to get everything into one place so if I have a couple hours for crafts, I don't have to spend 30 minutes gathering my supplies and trying to remember which closet the xmas fabric is in!  It was so fun seeing all my little treasures and watching Paige drag different patterns around while I organized.  After getting my shred pile into trash bags, I also managed to find a few items for my garage sale stack and a few keeper items. 

Here is one of the drawers before photo...I told you HOT MESS! 
She loves putting herself in anything and so enjoyed having an empty drawer! 
The fabric collection organized into kitchen, home, baby boy, baby girl, Christmas and Paige! There on the main part of the sofa is the fabric for the kitchen!!  And a small mesh basket filled with trims, swatches, glue gun, push pins, thread, buttons and various other sewing things!  YEAH!! 

All of this is in its new home, like with all organizing I have a few things sitting out that I don't know what to do with yet but this is progress!  All of the fabric and accessories are in their new home and I am pleased!  The after photo didn't really work out, but I promise all this is put up:)

I moved on to the kitchen today to get a head start.  I started researching what containers I wanted to get for my dry goods, pastas, rices...etc., but found that just to get me started it would cost $150 +shipping and tax at Container Store online.  Grrr...more than I want to spend!  I wanted to make granola today but I don't have a big enough container for it to fit it all in one so I called Janet to see if she had anything.  Of course she does:)  So the granola will be made tomorrow or Sunday.  I decided to rearrange my Lazy Susan cabinets (I have one upper and one lower) to make better sense for what I have.  I think its going to be great once I get the right containers to put all this junk in.  Here is my start:
Upper-before
Lower-Before
Upper-AFTER!
Lower-After-still pending proper storage containers that don't cost $150!
Ok, that's all for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment