Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Cheery Makeover

You remember me mentioning a patio set makeover a few posts back, don't you?!?!  I love antique patio furniture...I love old stuff period.  Especially mixed with new stuff.  Well, we had a busy day around here with projects!  Tyler cleaned up more flowerbeds and put down mulch until we are ready to plant anything else, oh and tended to my weed collection.  I finished the patio set that Tyler's dad gave me and normally my projects don't turn out as well as I dream them to but this one was the exception!  I am in love with it and Tyler is too!  The backyard is so cheery now and I can picture Paige hosting lots of little tea parties out here!  Here is the before and after shots!   

Before 

AFTER(!)



I love it, love it, love it!  And it goes great with our fifties ranch home!  I can just picture little girls all dressed up and sipping tea and dunking cookies back here. I love that it was in Tyler's parents first home and also at his grandparents home.  I guess you could say its a quirky little family heirloom:) 

Who's coming to sit in the sun and sip strawberry lemonade with me?! 

1 comment:

  1. I thought I was the only person who likes yellow! This is adorable, Heather! You are a girl after my own heart! I appreciate all things old, and love giving them new life. Life with six kiddos does not afford me projects like this often, but when it does, I am in creativity heaven! Great job!

    ReplyDelete