Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Kim's Mouth Watering Chicken Salad

There isn't a recipe of my bestie best friend Kim's that has ever let me down and this is no exception.  When we were in college I LOVED going to her momma's house because her mommy's cooking is so delicious too.  And when Kim got married and started cooking for her hubby I would invite myself on over to have lots of goodies!  She makes fried okra like you have never tasted.  So I was needing to add some new things to our dinner menu and you remember me saying Tyler decided he was willing to eat chicken salad, right?  So I zipped right on over to Kim's Blog and quickly whipped up this gem!  If any of you tell my husband there is a whole stick of butter in this recipe I will vow to never speak to you again!  I made this yesterday-Tyler had one sammy and I have just finished the rest.  So here's the deal:

4 to 5 chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces. (I used a whole rotisserie chicken from Target)
1 stick of butter melted
2 cups mayo (thats mayo not miracle whip!)
1/2 tsp. curry powder (DO NOT LEAVE THIS OUT)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 cups red seedless grapes cut in half (I used green-the red looked pitiful at wallie world)
1/2 toasted sliced almonds*
*3 stalks celery-added this so some celery I had didn't go to waste
*I use pecans instead of almonds. It's an Oklahoma thing.....

Cook the chicken (duh). Melt the butter in the microwave and let it cool on the counter. Chop cooked chicken into bite-size pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Toast almonds (aka pecans). In a bowl, combine butter and mayo with a wisk until creamy. Add curry and garlic; stir until well blended. Stir in chicken, grapes and toasted almonds. Refriderate until well chilled. The end.


Clearly I did not take this photo above, its Kim's. For humerous purposes, I will attach the photo I took as well (below).  You either got it or you don't people....I can cook, but I can't make stuff look pretty or take a decent photograph.  Enjoy at my expense...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

On a serious note, if you are the healthy type and can't justify a stick of butter and a bunch of mayo, you are ridiculous I think it would be great with 2 1/2 cups of greek yogurt.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is the best chicken salad ever!! Of course when Heather sent a big bowl home with me, there was no mention of a whole stick of butter! I can feel my clothes getting tighter just thinking about it..

    ReplyDelete