Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cowboy Beans-Lauren's recipe!

My friend Lauren made the most amazing beans on 4th of July!  I know what you are thinking...amazing is a serious word to describe some beans, heather!  No seriously, I wouldn't steer you wrong in the food department!  Last night I decided to make them as a side dish but didn't have the same beans but pressed on anyway...Tyer loves them as much as me and I will be eternally grateful to Lauren for introducing me to this secret ingredient for turning boring beans into a full mouth explosion.  Ok, that is pushing it a little but you gotta try these beans at your next cookout!!! 

Lauren's recipe:

2 cans pork & beans
1/2 lb. sausage, (I used Jimmy Dean Mild)
BBQ Sauce (I used Head Country-duh!)
About 1/3 of a white onion chopped fine and browned with the sausage

Brown your sausage, set aside.  In an oven safe pan put the beans at the bottom, top with cooked sausage then top with a thin layer of your favorite BBQ sauce.  Bake 30-45 minutes--covered the first 30, then remove cover for the last 10 minutes. 

*I used one can Ranch style beans with onion  and one can black beans drained and it was sooo good!  Substitute any beans you like, get the hot sausage if you want to kick it up and use any BBQ sauce you like.  I'm telling you, these are fantastic with burgers, hot dogs, steak...you name it!  Paige was also a HUGE fan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment