Sunday, September 19, 2010

Veggie Chicken Fritters

It has been a food-filled weekend!  Most of them have been homeruns...i'm trying not to jinks my chocolate banana cupcakes that are in the oven right now!  I came across a recipe here that prompted me to make something very similar for lunches/dinners for Paige!  I changed it slightly because I had a bag of frozen peas and some fresh carrots I wanted to use in the recipe.  So here's my take:

10 oz. frozen green peas (thawed)
10 oz. shredded carrots (boiled in water for 10 minutes to soften)
2 eggs
1 lb. ground chicken (I get the Smart Chicken-untreated with antibiotics)
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 box Panko Bread Crumbs
pepper (optional)

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.

Put your veggies and eggs in a food processor or blender to puree then add to the ground chicken and seasoning, then mix. On a cutting board, spread a good amount of bread crumbs then top with a layer of your chicken veggie mixture then top with a layer of breadbrumbs.  Use any shape you have on hand to cut your fritters...I just used a small round cutter.  Place your fritters on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.  I turned mine over half way through because I like my crumbs to be crispy on both sides!  They smell yummy like fish sticks and were quite tasty!  Paige, Tyler and I approved!  I am going to freeze these for lunches for this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment