Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Time Tested Recipe-Brocolli Cheese Casserole

Yesterday I spent a decent amount of time checking drawers for Paige's well baby sheets from dr. appointments so I could be sure I had her baby book/blog updated.  Since I always have the "perfect" place for everything I thought this task would be simple...not so much.  I never remember the "perfect" place.  The good news in this story is EVERY TIME I go looking for something, I NEVER find what I am looking for BUT I do find something I have been hunting for sometime.  I actually found several missing things yesterday.  For starters, Tyler lost his ID awhile back and when looking in the basket that I thought was the "perfect" place for well baby sheets...his ID fell out??  It has since expired and been replaced...so Paige stuck it in her purse:).  Then I started checking her room...one of my many diaper bags.  I found one of my favorite bracelets, necklace and earrings that have been missing for months.  YAY!  I do love the earrings and even though I have a new bracelet that is my current fave, it will be nice having this one back in the line-up!  Ok, and the one thing I found that you guys will actually care about...Broccoli Cheese Casserole!!!  Recipes that are from a country kitchen are ALWAYS the best!!!  I lived with some girls in college who could cook up a storm!  Their moms had the best recipes!  Here is one from Ashley's momma and it is the best broccoli cheese casserole I have ever had!

Ingredients:

1 20 ounce package chopped, frozen broccoli
1 stick margarine or butter (melted)
1 can mushrooms
1 can cream of chicken soup (or cream of mushroom)
1 soup can of milk
1 7 oz cheese whiz
1 soup can minute rice

Spray a pan with non-stick, mix all ingredients in a bowl, pour into pan, cover with foil and bake for 30-45 minutes on 350 degrees.  If you want to be real fancy mix bread crumbs or cracker crumbs with a little bit of shredded cheddar and some butter and put on the top for the last 10-15 minutes uncovered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment