Monday, September 13, 2010

Oh How Our Hearts Change

We all have different groups of friends.  Friends from high school, friends from college, married friends, friends with children and the friends you stick with through every phase.   Since we are all on our own life schedule, there are times in each of our lives where we can't relate to one another like we did at different phases.  For instance, when a friend is married and you are single and still "in the scene" or when you are married but don't yet have children and your friends start having children...there just isn't a ton to talk about.  But it is such a special experience watching a friend I have known years and years become a mother. 

Two friends in particular are Kim and Buffy.  We have been friends since college when we were young, single, wild and free:)  Kim became a mom first, then Buffy, then me.  When it comes right down to it, we are all still the same people.  Fun-loving, free-spirited, strong-willed, full of life women.  But our hearts are different.  We are full of such a different kind of love.  Understand a whole new level of compassion and feel the unconditional love we have for our children. 
I am so happy our friendships have stood the test of time and we have been together during all of the most important moments of each others lives! 


Buffy sent me this beautiful quote this morning, which was the inspiration for this post, because it made her think of me and this blog of mine!  Both of these women are so important to me and signify the words you are about to read perfectly!  I am honored she thought of me when she read it.  I love these girls and their children with all of my heart and look forward to sharing so many more memories and chapters in life with them! 

"God sends children to enlarge our hearts and to make us unselfish and full of kindly sympathies and affections." Mary Howitt

2 comments:

  1. Love your posts on motherhood this week. I am making your taco soup this week so I will let you know how yummy it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your post:) and I love you too! :)

    ReplyDelete