Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Cozy Kind of Day...

There are so many things I love about being a stay at home mom but I will focus on today's blessing...everyone has experienced the rainy, gloomy day you wake up and roll over and it is still dark outside and all you wish for is to stay in bed curled up and lounge all day--the best ones always happen on a "work day"!  Well, today was one of those days!  I don't remember those days last year because I was still in the sleep deprived phase and just drinking up every minute with my beautiful newborn that I had no idea when the seasons changed or the weather cooled off!  I still drink up every last drop of my sweet girl but we are moving and shaking much more than this time last year so we will have plenty of time to stop and smell the pumpkins! 

This morning we slept in, had a leisurely breakfast, sipped on coffee (and juice) and snuggled with Oscar.  We rolled up in the dirty sheets we took off the bed and jumped on pillows and giggled all the while.  Paige is down for her morning nap and I have been dreaming up fall recipes, thinking about "cozying" up the house with some fall decor and popped some yummy granola in the oven!  The house smells like fall, rain is dripping off the house and fog is glazed over the mid-morning sky.  It truly is a picture-perfect day! 

We will probably take baths and get right back in some fresh pj's so we can play, cook, eat and relax!  Maybe a movie?!  Oh and Christmas songs...yes I am getting a head start on teaching Paige some classics!!! 
Oscar is also doing whatever he wants...I keep catching him on furniture???  He isn't allowed on the sofas but he has been on several this morning...
I think I hear my little angel calling for me so I will leave you with a link to a splendid "welcome fall" recipe that I would LOVE to make tonight!! 
"A merry heart goes all the day." -"The Winter's Tale" William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment