Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sew Much Going On!!!

We all survived my first two days back to work!  Today I was pumping gas into my car at 8:00 am and I saw someone starring at me so I decided to take a look at myself...I looked down and saw heels and work clothes--you know, the same ones I wore "back in the day"!  I started giggling and felt like it was Halloween and I was ALL dressed up as Old Heather ready to go enter the costume contest!  Its going to be pretty busy until I get a good routine going, comfortable with my new responsibilities and line out exactly when to do certain things but I am excited for the new challenges.  But work is done for the day so enough about that...
Lots of babies being born in our circle of friends so I have made several baby blankets recently!  I am finally getting pretty comfortable with the machine and troubleshooting my problems in less than a week:).  Janet taught me how to make these lovely little blankets and I am so glad!  They are so cute, functional and always a hit at a baby shower!  Paige has lots of homemade blankets from Janet and I use them almost exclusively because they are always better size than the store bought, softer and of course cuter...oh and from her Nonny!  I feel like homemade gifts are so special and cherish everything that was handmade for our sweet girl so I love being able to give something I make--even if it comes out a little crooked!  I forgot to take a photo of a really cute girl blanket I made recently but here are a few others I love...
I made four of this pattern and used them for 2 boys and 2 unknowns!  
 This one is for my sweet friend Denise's baby girl arriving soon!  Her nursery is done in yellow and gray and is one of the prettiest nurseries I have ever seen!  Definitely unique! 
 This one is probably my favorite boy blankie!  Funky colors, stars, stripes and I love the cobalt and orange flannel on the back!  If I were a boy this would be my dream blankie/color pallette:)
 Another shot of this one all rolled up and ready to deliver! 

On another note, the home office is coming along and I can't wait for it all to be finished!!  I have ordered a few accessories and need to pick up a piece I bought at an antique store--all of the main components are re-purposed or used items!  I am super excited because not only was it UBBER cost effective but my room is even cozier with some painted furniture!  I'm not a stuffy or serious kind of gal so a big mohogany desk and leather chair just don't give me the energy I need to crank out some work:)!  A great friend of mine (who has a gorgeously eccentric home and great taste) came over and looked at all of the desks I have been clipping into a file from big stores to the little antique pieces and helped me narrow down the items that fit the bill for my "dream space"!  I will save the photos for a "big" reveal once its complete but here's the view from my office...

Doesn't get much better than having your own security...he's off duty for the night.
 
I Also hired a new Office Manager/Assistant and she has been great...talks a bunch but at least she's entertaining and came at a fair price.  We decided to take our employee photo today and to save on printing costs...jumped into the same photo:

Hopefully she won't wear her jammies to work everyday...I better get the dress code in place before things get out of hand.  Good help is hard to find so hopefully my staff will work out! 



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting your new job! I wish I could work from home...so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! What a super sweet assistant you have!

    ReplyDelete