Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tasty Treats! Pecan Pie Muffins

I have been cooking lots of good smelling, cold weather, fall kinds of food lately.  I love to entertain and this time of year brings lots of social gatherings for us!  Halloween, football, Thanksgiving, Tyler's birthday, Christmas festivities...so I always start thinking about new recipes and one must try them first before serving them to friends!!!  So when I was looking up the ingredients for the Butter Chicken I posted a link for a few days ago, I saw this little treasure posted.  Since it only has 5 ingredients and has the words pecan and pie in it...I had to try it!  Wouldn't these be great at a brunch, a Saturday morning breakfast, perfect treat to take to a bible study or even just for dessert! 

Ingredients

1 cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
½ cups All-purpose Flour
1 cup Chopped Pecans
⅔ cups Softened Butter
2 whole Eggs Beaten

Directions
Preheat oven 350 F.

Grease your muffin pan (whatever size) or use the silicone cups. I grease my silicone muffin cups with Crisco or lard.

In a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour and pecans. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and eggs together until smooth. Stir into the dry ingredients just until combined. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Cups should be about 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire racks when done.

Option: when you take them out of the oven, place a slice of butter on top and eat warm. You may also use walnuts instead of pecans.

Original recipe and reference:
(DISCLAIMER--I do endorse the butter on top but DO NOT in any way approve of using walnuts instead, my grandmother would die if I put some walnuts in pecan pie...do as you will though!  I believe this is my first disagreement with the Pioneer Woman.)


I also do not endorse this photographer...her sad attempt at putting so much junk in the picture to distract from her artistic abilities is pitiful...what's a girl to do on a housewife salary?!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA


1 comment:

  1. made these! sinful! and easy! i MAY have ate two while they were still hot from the oven. and a third for bfast this morning .

    ReplyDelete