Thursday, September 23, 2010

Is it a favorite, an obsession or an addiction??

As long as I can remember, I have loved ALL things yellow.  I wanted a yellow car when I turned 16 (almost got one), love yellow in the home and dress in yellow on a very regular basis!  Its such a happy, cheery color!  On my quest for the perfect office furniture, I spotted a yellow filing cabinet in a Pottery Barn picture.  I HAD to have it!  So I went to look to see how much it was and it wasn't online.  I searched the web and found where a few blogs had posted it as a nice "pop" of color to add to your office!  Oh boy isn't it!  I wanted it even more...the posts were from 2008.  No problem, I will check Ebay.  Nothing.  Ok, I will call up Pottery Barn.  Nope.  The yellow filing cabinet pops in my head every 30 minutes or so.  You know those items you wished you would have purchased only to find they are gone forever and you can never get them out of your head?  I am going to keep up the search but it prompted me to notice all of the things yellow I have throughout the house.  In fact, every room in our house has something yellow.  Lets take a tour, shall we?

This beauty was a $20 antique market find...I can't remember what Janet and I were searching for that day but JACKPOT when I found this and a little antique Christmas book!  Paige loves it as much as me! -family room
Yellow island in the kitchen...I LOVE it so and the color is perfect...just like butta my favorite ingredient! There are also some amazing yellow curtains in the kitchen that Janet made...I can't seem to photograph them at the right time of day so the pics aren't blurry but soon enough I will share those with you! 
Candleabra and pillows make up the yellow influence in the not-so-formal living room!
Dining room has A LOT of yellow...walls, curtains, decorations...our second favorite room in the house!
Master Bedroom which is yet to be remodeled but who could pass up those adorable Target pillows and the yellow Milk Glass lamp my sweet hubby got me for my birthday several years ago!
Hmmm...this one was tough...Cleopatra's room is in very faint colors...but the fabric on her chair is a  pale yellow with a pink pattern. 
And don't forget about this beauty...on the back porch! (Front porch is also accessorized in yellow)
There is a reward to anyone that can find me a yellow, metal 10 drawer filing cabinet!  On another note, I stopped by PB on our lunch date today to see if they had the desk I have been eye-balling in the store...they did and it was a bit disappointing in person.  The quality was poor for the amount of money the desk is so I am going to continue the search.  
I will end with the fact that I own three pairs of yellow shoes, probably 30 yellow tops and a few yellow dresses...I think I need to get help. 

5 comments:

  1. I know someone who can build the desk for you...remember the teacher whose husband builds furniture just like Pottery Barn? Much better quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh! I seriously almost bought those two yellow and gray pillows from Target just last night for our sofa! I wanted to wait to show Tommy first! We might soon have matching pillows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you spray paint a filing cabinet yellow?? Just an idea!! Love you and your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the same thing! Can you spray paint a filing cabinet yellow? I bet you can. BTW I enjoy your blog and thanks to Janet for sharing it with me. Your little Paige is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love me some spray paint and sunshine yellow is a perfect color! BUT I sometimes get set on an EXACT item and the 10 drawer file cabinet is pretty amazing that PB makes. So I am going to hold out for the new line and see if I like the new colors they have.
    Deb-I SOOO love those pillows--they have been on tons of design blogs and the fabric is delicious! They feel & look like super expensive pillows and go with everything!

    ReplyDelete