Thursday, October 21, 2010

Snicker-Delicious!

As reported, I made Tyler's favorite cookie for his birthday...Snickerdoodles!  It was the first time I have ever made them because I am just not a fan.  But these were actually decent...Ok, that doesn't sound convincing, I know...But Tyler loved them.  Here's the skinny:

Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

For rolling-
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon


Directions
 
1.) Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F).

2.) Cream together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat until fluffy (30 seconds).
3.) Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
4.) Mix the 2 tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
5.) Using a large cookie dough scoop, make balls of dough, and then roll each ball into the bowl of cinnamon/sugar.
6.) Place dough 3 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
7.) Bake 8-10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove from baking sheets and cool on a cooling rack.

Recipe source- Glorious Treats
I will get on one soap box today...I highly recommend investing in good, quality vanilla for your baking!  It makes a WORLD of difference in your cookies!  Its a few dollars more but you will never go back!  I purchase a few varieties from Williams-Sonoma that I just LOVE.  Or if you happen to vacation in Mexico, definitely bring back a big, glass bottle of vanilla--YUMMO!

2 comments:

  1. What is your fave from WS? I just ran out of my Mexian vanilla and I must replace it ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Madagascar Vanilla is sooo yummy and works in everything! I also keep a small bottle of the tahitian vanilla on hand for simple syrups and fruit tarts.

    Sad day when the mexican vanilla runs out, huh?? That stuff is sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete