Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My take on Beef Stroganoff

One of my favorite dishes growing up was beef stroganoff!!  I can't make it like my grandma just yet but Tyler and I LOVE this recipe I have been making for a couple years now and I always have these ingredients on hand!  So here goes:

1 box penne noodles
1 lb hamburger meat
1 red bell pepper
1 cup heavy cream
handful of parm/romano cheese (whichever is fine if you have one or the other)
couple spoons of sour cream
1/4-1/2 stick of butter
mushrooms


Brown your hamburger meat and dice your red bell pepper and throw in with the meat to get soft.  Meanwhile cook your noodles as directed on the box.  In a separate pan, after your meat is fully cooked, heat your butter until melted then add in your heavy cream.  After combined, whisk in your sour cream and let it simmer just a second--NOT BOIL!  Drain your noodles and return them to their pan throw your cheese onto the noodles and toss them!  Then dump your cream sauce on the noodles...the noodles will be so happy they were prepped with cheese and will be good little noodles and drink up all the cream!!!  Then add your meat mixture, stir and enjoy!  I like to serve this with a green veggie like asparagus or broccoli!  This feeds 4-6 people and also warms up wonderfully! 

* I learned the cheese on warm pasta trick from Rachel Ray...although I am not a big fan of a lot of her recipes, her tips are marvelous and I will never leave my noodles naked again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment