Thursday, October 7, 2010

Case. Closed.

I woke up this morning knowing that I was going to clean house.  But when I went into the kitchen to start breakfast and make coffee...there was a strong scent. Kind of garlic-y, pungent, just not right.  There were no dirty dishes in the kitchen so I immediately started cleaning the fridge until you could eat out of it.  Threw out ALL of the leftovers and anything remotely close to expired.  I still felt as though I could smell that smell but I thought it was just burned into my nose.  So I moved on. 
I made the bed and put away some clothes.  Walked back through the kitchen and BAM!  Smell still there.  So I scoured the kitchen, put some citrus in the disposals, took out all the trash and finished cleaning the house.  When Tyler came home for lunch I told him about the smell.  He said he noticed it too but felt too bad to say anything because I had been working so hard getting the house cleaned up.  Honorable dude, right?  WRONG! 
I realized there was just one sneaky place I hadn't looked.  The oven.  Instead of rinsing off his plate of spaghetti and broccoli the other night, he hid it in the oven?  So the aromas of garlic salt and funky broccoli come swarming through my ever so clean home as I lower the oven door.  Tyler's eyes were like headlights as he realizes what he had done or should we say, forgot to do!!! 
You see, my hubby is the master of moving things, not cleaning anything.  He thinks he is very helpful by shuffling things to different locations and hiding junk in closets or ovens! 
So I decided if I'm not going to kill him, I better just love him like crazy.  So as a sign from God, the song "Love Like Crazy" by Lee Brice came on after he went back to work.  So I decided I would go ahead and love him like crazy and never let my prayin' knees get lazy--when you all stop snickering you can go ahead and pray he stops leaving creepy stuff in the oven too!  This is not my first oven surprise BTW! 
So as a reward to myself I decided to stop of at the ol' Starbucks for a Pumpkin Spice Latte which got me in the pumpkin mood so mini and I cruised on over to the local punkin patch.  Which led to a small temper tantrum, not by mini, when I was told that the polka dot pumpkin was not for sale...display purposes only--that's stupid, who has a pumpkin patch where the best pumpkins aren't for sale??  Then calmly  frantically explained to her how I would die without it...she reluctantly agreed that if it was that bad, I should probably get the pumpkin.
Moral of the story:  No matter how bad your week is, how bizarre your husband is, no matter how many teeth your mini is getting ALL at once...it can all be fixed with a latte and a polka dotted pumpkin.  If your me, anyway:) 
Here she is in her new home!

4 comments:

  1. I came home and saw your new pumpkin display and as soon as I saw the polka dotted pumpkin I laughed out loud to myself! It's so you! I love it. I kinda want one now too. The other day, someone showed me pumpkins with fake jewels all over it. It was sooooo bedazzled. I actually thought of you. It would be so easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!!! WHAT a FABULOUS idea!!!!!! I'm for sure doing it Sunday with Paige!!!! How freaking amazing...why don't I think if this stuff?!?! Come on over if you get bored!!! I think maybe some hot pink and gold spray paint are in order as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - I am TOTALLY painting a pumpkin now! Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather you CRACK ME UP about that pumpkin :) hahaha and also that is CRAZY that Tyler did that!!!!!!!! lol like WHY!??!?!?!?! what about the sink!?!??!?!?!

    ReplyDelete