Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Cowboy's Birthday...

Tomorrow is the Mr.'s birthday so I have been trying to decide what sort of treats to make him!  He loves snickerdoodles (I despise them) but I figure its his day, you know?  So I will whip a few up!  But I think he is going to enjoy the pre-birthday celebration with some DELISH Cowboy Cookies--he may not be a cowboy exactly but he does look fab in cowboy boots so that counts right? 
They are thick, soft and wonderful!  They even include a few of his favorite ingredients...cinnamon, oats and vanilla!  I think these will be my go-to for cookie exchanges this year...and maybe some chocolate crinkles.  Sooo good!  I can't wait to dunk one in coffee in the morning!  The house is smelling good enough to eat right now.  Paige is chasing me around the house saying "BITE!" "PEEEEEAAAS!"

Ingredients

2 cups flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

2 teaspoons baking soda

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup (2 sticks) butter

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla

2 cups chocolate chips

2 cups old fashioned rolled oats

1 1/4 cups sweetened flake coconut

1 1/4 cups chopped pecans

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350*F

2. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl and set aside.

3. In a mixing bowl, beat butter until smooth and creamy (about 1 minute)

4. Gradually beat in the sugars until fully combined.

5. Add the eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.

6. Stir in flour mixture until just combined.

7. Combine chocolate chips, oats, coconut and pecans in a large bowl, then add that mixture to your dough.

8. Using a large cookie scoop, place large balls of dough on an ungreased cookie sheet.

9. Bake 9-11 minutes.

10. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool.


Once I stop eating these, I will snap a photo so you can see how scrumptuous they are!

Oh! Most importantly...here is my source!  I am in love with this blog and printed about 10 recipes the first 5 minutes I cruised around!  Its called Glorious Treats and I have no doubt all of them are glorious!  I am going to make her pumpkin cookies with maple glaze later! 

1 comment:

  1. These do sound really good. I have everything except coconut. I must go out and get it first thing tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete