Friday, October 22, 2010

The Black Plague

The Beaver family came home with a not-so-pleasant party favor last weekend--a really nasty stomach bug!  Paige started the lineup on Monday with mommy going downhill very early Wednesday morning (just in time for Tyler's birthday!) and daddy finishing the family off yesterday.  I will leave out the disturbing details but it has been a pretty horrible week!  This was Paige's first, official illness and first time throwing up:(  Nothing a mommy likes to see or clean up! She is back to her self today but still crabby with sleepy time. 

The champ of the week is Oscar!  He has been by my side every second.  Its so amazing how dogs just know what to do--its times like these that I know, he knows, he is my dog!  He LOVES Tyler and Paige.  So much!  Tyler runs with him, takes him places and worries about his feelings all of the time.  So it kind of seemed like he became everyone's dog after we had Paige and I focus more of my attention on her.  But when times get tough, he sticks with his momma.  When I would rock Paige he would lay his head on my lap and stay out of the way.  When I got sick, he laid right next to me-never moving a muscle.  When Tyler got sick and I got stressed from more germs and nearing my limit of disgustingness...he did not go lay with Tyler...he stayed with his mom. 
And here are a few oldies but goodies...
This was the last time Tyler got sick...my 26th birthday!
 Isn't he delicious?! 
Looking through these I think Oscar may just be an Opportunist.  He seems to capitalize on others' feelings and knows he can get on furniture and lay on top of people when they are at their worst!  I love this furry guy and whatever his motives, he sure helped us all get through this horrific week of yuck!  Our brown bear turned three last week!  For his birthday, we went to a local BBQ joint and had lunch at the park and he dined on polish sausage.  Then we got him his favorite toy--a Kong Wubba!  He shreds the main part of the toy in a day but the ball inside is the real treasure.  It lasts about a year and he carries it EVERYWHERE!  A year is a long time for a toy when you have a doberman!  He just destroyed his old one last week. 

1 comment:

  1. Awe! I melted about this Oscar story! Animals bring such comfort that usually goes unnoticed.

    ReplyDelete