Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mission Accomplished!

I am thrilled to report thst I have finished the office area and the whole family seems to really love it!  For such a small budget, I am amazed at how much we like it!  Its so much more exciting decorating on a budget because at the end of your project, you can look around the room and think...WOW!  I made this kind of transformation with such little money!  It does take more time and imagination but sooo worth it!  At some point I will figure out how to make all my cords disappear but I haven't mastered that skill yet. 

I am SOOO in love with the abacus and feel it adds such an unexpected piece of interest! It also ties all the colors together.  The orange chest pops with the kelly green accents.  I searched the internet for a green lamp finding several varieties all in the $400 price range...considering that's more than my whole room makeover I obviously didn't do that...but ran into this beauty at Target for $16!  Also found the green trunk at Target for $19 and it is the perfect home for my printer!! 
Its hard to see how great this moose canvas is but it has so many of the room colors and it looks like pop art yet not too "poppy":) 
 The frame collage came together today...from scrapbook paper, fabric, random quote and the manufacturer insert...we have a funky, creative wall...at least to me:)  Oh and one tinsy weensy family photo from last xmas.  
 I'm still thinking I may frame a few of these squares of scrapbook paper but Tyler likes it sitting here...interesting fellow my husband! 

2 comments:

  1. oh oh! come do my LIVING room. struggling mucho with it. where was the abacus from again? looks AH-MAZING, lady. hope you are proud--you should be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to get together and do some thrift shopping!! I bet T-Town has some great places too!!! The abacus was a splurge and is from CB2...here's the link: http://www.cb2.com/family.aspx?c=587&f=5850

    ReplyDelete