Tuesday, May 11, 2010

To Blog or Not to Blog, that is the question!!

I disappeared from the blogging world 8 months ago and have gone back and forth on whether I wanted to invest the time to keep it up! During that time I have started several posts but left the computer before ever finishing another one. Lots of reasons...distractions, lack of creativity, my beautiful-sweet girl, my puppiccino (Oscar) and various new hobbies. It was also overwhelming thinking about how I would account for lost time and try to blog about the past 8 months...well, that would take FOREVER!! So, I am just going to get back into it and maybe tell stories from the past as they relate to whatever I happen to be talking about.
There are several reasons I DO want to blog...I want to remember the funny things that happen in our day-to-day lives, I am passionate about cooking and creating my own recipes but I NEVER write them down and dare I say it...trying my hand at gardening yet again! More on that later...also learning to sew, decorating, mothering, parenting, homemade baby food.....organizing...cleaning...activities...getting to know my neighbors (and realizing I already knew some!--small world)
To say the least, I am LOVING my life...my baby, my hubby, my doggy, being a STAY AT HOME MOM, you get the point~enough gushing!
I try to do a good job of taking care of the hubs since thanks to him, I get to be the CEO of our household--yes I like fancy titles:) BUT he is very health concious and is serious about eating healthy during the week...grrr...I do love to cook but I am a southern girl through and through...you name it and I can cook it...what's that you say?? No potatoes, no fried, no mayo, no butter, no pasta...on top of that no onions?!?! Now I am in trouble...Hubs wants healthy, bland meals for dinner. BORING! I try to be creative but my brain always steers a hard left back to homemade mac & cheese, garlic potatoes, chicken fried steak, fettucine, the list goes on...so I read a lot of blogs and try to find delicious things YOU all are cooking so I can motivate myself to learn to make delicious healthy meals for my family! Then the weekends I can go back to my roots!! So to finish off this post before I get distracted, I will leave with the meal plan for the week:
Monday: Not So Fried Rice w/sirloin (cheap/easy/delicious-think healthy Pei Wei!)
Tuesday: Halibut w/ Peach Salsa, fresh green beans, cilantro lime rice
Wednesday: Hamburger patties, avacado salad, Ranch Beans
Thursday: Date Night (Yay!)
Friday: BBQ Chicken, garlic mash, skillet broccoli
Saturday: Porkipine Meatballs & Fettucine (Janet's Recipe--Yummalicious)
Sunday: Roast with potatoes and carrots, dinner rolls, maybe a salad
Also will be making a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake (which I will force Tyler to try) but I cannot wait until the weekend to make it, its calling my name...
Pic and recipe to follow of the halibut--unless it is a disaster!!

2 comments:

  1. To BLOG! So glad you decided to come back! Looking forward to the healthy (and not-so-healthy) recipes. I am in a rut.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Welcome back to blogging. Enjoyed the post!

    ReplyDelete