Sunday, May 16, 2010

She's Growing and I'm Learning

There's not a lot of "Parenting" when your babies are small but I have learned very quickly that at a young age, our little ones start mimicking what we do.  Since I stay home, it is even more noticeable since we spend so much time together!  It is so funny watching my little girl wrinkle her nose, laughing from the bottom of her belly, dancing and singing in the middle of the floor and hamming it up for every stranger we pass by!  She looks so much like dad but acts sooo much like mom!  I know that she is constantly learning and for awhile, most of that learning will be from observing me...what do I want her to see?  What am I teaching her?  Do I represent the woman I pray my daughter becomes?   I saw this poem on a blog not too long ago and I love reading it as often as possible! 

A careful woman I ought to be:
A little girl follows me;
I do not dare to go a stray
For fear she’ll go the self-same way.
I cannot once escape her eyes;
What’re she sees me do,
she tries
Like me, she says,
she ’s going to be,
The little girl who follows me.
She thinks that I am good and fine,
Believes in every word of mine;
The bad in me she must not see,
The little girl who follows me.
I must remember as I go,
Through summer’s sun and winter’s snow,
I am building for the years to be,
For a little girl follows me.

-Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. You have nothing to worry about! I personally think that if she grows up to be just like you then she is a very lucky girl!!

    I love your blog!! My friend has grown up to be such a great mommy! =)

    ReplyDelete