Friday, May 14, 2010

~A Southern Affair~


Everything about a party appeals to me!! Well...besides cleaning of course:) I married the perfect person for a lot of reasons but in regards to entertaining, Tyler enjoys it as much if not more than I do! There is nothing we would rather do than spend time with our friends and family, so why not have lots of silly parties with lots of food?!?! We have had Christmas parties, fiestas, football bashes, PINK party, Girls Nights and so many other fun events but one party we love having is the Derby Party!! Tyler loves horse racing and I actually really enjoy it too.
May 1st was the Second Annual Red Carpet Derby event at the Beaver house and it was a huge success again this year! All the ladies looked beautiful in their best dresses and wonderful hats and the gents looked dashing in their seersucker, southern duds!! Tyler and I did A LOT of research last year making sure we were well educated on how to throw a proper derby party. Only serving the appropriate food and drinks at our event!! This year on the menu was Hot Brown Sandwiches, bowtie pasta, potato salad, coleslaw, shrimp-topped deviled eggs, lil smokies, fruit and veggies AND of course Mint Juleps!! Thanks to my dear friend Buffy, I was able to get the food all set up (almost) on time!!! Tyler created bio sheets for each of the horses and displayed them on a wall and roses were featured all over the house--for those of you that don't know the derby is "The run for the Roses"!! I had cookies made with this year's derby logo and some other fun designs with jockey hats, lady hats and horses for a fun decoration and snack for the kids! Those were a HUGE hit and I highly recommend http://1smartcookie.com/ !! The weather was perfect so we were able to enjoy the backyard and some good ol fashioned corn hole and bubble blowing!
The next BIG party we have will probably be Paige's 1st birthday, which of course I started thinking about months ago--hee hee! More to come on that soon but please feel free to pass on any great ideas you may have!

PAIGE POST UNDER CONSTRUCTION: I know MOST of the people that check out this blog are coming to see updates about the tiniest member of our family...and NO I have not gotten sick of writing about my little ham bone, I PROMISE to not only write about food BUT there are a few things I am waiting on for her "Next Grand Post!" (ha!)...she has a well baby check next week (Stats are important, people) AND one of my dear friends who happens to be a soon famous photographer (Tanda) took some new pics of her today and they are sure to be a delicious treat ! SOOO, stay tuned for more on our tator tot and info on a fantastic photographer!! Tanda--don't forget the little people when you become rich and famous!!!! Here is a photo she took back in December that Tyler and I both fell head over heels in love with to leave you with a little teaser to come back for more...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. You are waaaay too sweet. Thank you for letting me hang out with you and your sweet "ham bone" this morning. I posted a few pics on my blog this evening. I can email them to you if you want, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete