Wednesday, May 26, 2010

DIY Projects...

Since the big hail storm, we have been busy with lots of out of the ordinary projects!  It's amazing how big of a mess some ice balls can make.  Looks like we will be getting a new roof, guttering, a few windows, couple doors, some paint and various other things!  We don't have a ton of landscaping but what we do have we really like.  All of our bushes have been here a long time and in our opinion, are quite lovely!  Several of them took a good beating so hopefully they spruce back up.  My most favorite plant, which I have kept alive since Easter (no small feat for me) took a great hit as well.  It is my Ice Plant!  I have transplanted it, pruned it and have been watering it diligently every day so HOPEFULLY it survives!  It will soon be planted in my long, skinny flower bed along my porch in the front.  Kim suggested some coleus in between and I think that will look great!!  Tyler has told me that if I can keep what I have alive until next weekend, I can get a few more plants YAY! I went ahead and snuck two hanging baskets home for the front porch.  My sis-in-law, Tiff had a beautiful tree last year with the most amazing blooms!  It was a Fuschia tree, which also comes in baskets!  Tiff always has a beautiful yard and I love reaping the rewards of copying her and Kim's brilliant ideas!  Enough about plants...
I have also been searching for two chairs for our formal living, which isn't so formal at our house but I do entertain in there a lot so seating is important!  I have a new turquoise chest in the room and found some beautiful fabric that has a touch of turquoise that I wanted to use to recover the chairs.  The search for the chairs has been tough though because I didn't want to pay much for them since I have full intentions of recovering them.  I finally found two that I really like and they were in budget AND I can recover them myself!  Pictures to follow soon!  I also found two really neat shelves that I am going to paint to match the chairs.  Now if I can just find a sofa and a rug my room will be complete! 
That's all I have for today, here are some pics of the plants I spoke of and hopefully if I can grow the passion vine Kim sent me home with today, I will have pics of it this summer once it blooms!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment