Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Summer Salad

Summertime is my favorite time of year!  I can't think of anything I don't like about it!  Warm, sunny, bronze skin, pools, flippy floppys, sitting on a patio, cucumbers soaked in vinegar...the list goes on...

Last night I was trying to decide what to fix myself up for dinner--didn't make the halibut yet--so I decided to mix up some of my favorite things to make a nice early summer salad!!  I have about 30 varieties of the tomato avocado salad in the summer but this is my current favorite. 


What you need:
1 medium tomato-chopped and sprinkled with salt and pepper
1 avocado-sliced
1/4 cup chopped red onion
chicken breast (I used the Tyson chick breast strips pre-cooked)
goat cheese (just a little bit)
optional-walnuts

After you chop everything and throw into a bowl, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and a little EVOO and enjoy!  Tastes like summer~

No comments:

Post a Comment