Monday, August 2, 2010

Persistent Pete

Last week was a success on the exercise schedule front!  I managed to complete all three of my days of running!  Well, Tuesday and Thursday we (Oscar and I) did more walking than running but we went!  Yesterday Tyler made coffee then said he and Paige were going to come along with us!  Grrrrrr, I had no motivation to run.  NONE.  Not only that, I had no desire to go outside period!  By the time I had my coffee and worked through every excuse in the book, it was 9:00 am and almost 100 degrees outside.  I listened to a Kanye West song and tied my shoes.  Tyler loaded Paige in the jogging stroller and we were off.  Since we had an audience there wasn't going to be any "cheating".  So we did 30 minutes of run 3 walk two.  I didn't want t do the last run 3.  It was hot and I was over it but Tyler yelled from behind, how much more you got and I told him one more instead of lying.  So we took off.  All of a sudden I realized I could keep going!  We ran 8 minutes instead of 3 and I could have kept going but Oscar had enough and put on the breaks!  Runner's High!!!  YAY!  Its always nice to end a workout with something positive like this to hang onto s you can think about that for your next workout! 

Here is an email correspondence between me, my husband and my father from this past week after I told Tyler I really wished I could punch him in the face as he was making me get up for my workout:

Tyler:  Quote of the day:  "You don't know how bad I want to punch you in the face right now!" ~Heather (1982-present) Avid "Runner"
He continues to explain to my dad that I signed up for the half marathon and asked him to help me get trained for it.  
Dad:  a) getting Heather to sign up for a half marathon: funny
b) getting Heather to prepare/train for this event: challenging to say the least...you will need to develop different levels of tactics well beyond the subtle "pats on the back". I have a few suggestions that have been father tested but may have different results when employed by husband.
c) getting Heather to show for the marathon: very funny
d) Heather finishing the marathon: start checking the temprature in Haite
Note:  If you can battle past the excuses Heather will have for not training and/or not going to the marathon she will probably finish the marathon just to spite us. 

This was really funny and obviously I have used many excuses on my father over the years and he knows how I do not like exercise!!! 

I asked Tyler if he and Paige will come along during our Sunday run and one of our weekly runs to "keep me honest"! 

2 comments:

  1. Hehehehe. This made me giggle! Girl, I know it's hot, but you can totally do it! Cooler temps are just around the corner! It's tough...I don't have much motivation for it either when it's hot, but I know it gets better! :) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed! I'm still in the "thinking about running, but not actually doing anything about it" phase. Maybe when it's not 106 degress by 8:00 in the morning, I'll get my booty up and going. Ha!

    ReplyDelete