Tuesday, August 17, 2010

August Frenzy!

We have had a busy, fun-filled summer but the last few weeks have been so busy and crazy!  I was busily planning Paige's first birthday, **which I will have a proper post on soon**! Then Paige got the best birthday present EVER and her grandpa flew all the way from Las Vegas to be here with her for a long weekend to celebrate!  It was so great having my dad here and watching him with Paige.  He spoiled her and Oscar rotten before skipping out of town! 
We had lots of other family in town too and lots of great friends from near and far for the big birthday bash!!  Our home was filled with so much love and I couldn't help but look around and feel so blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives and surrounding our daughter.  In the middle of all of that my best friend was loading up her Uhaul and heading to her new home 2.5 hours away:(.  So I had to soak every last minute with her and her beautiful children before they left.  We had a little going away dinner for her with a few of our girlfriends and it was a blast!!
  Once the celebration weekend was over and all the family went home, I started getting myself geared up for my upcoming GIRLS TRIP!!  Being a mom now, there are certain luxuries from my "old" life that I don't get to enjoy as much as I used to.  Its no secret to those that know me that I LOVE clothes, shoes, jewelry...really anything that sparkles!  But it just isn't realistic wearing dry clean only silk blouses, 3 1/2 inch heels and dangling earrings in my day-to-day life.  So I will be dusting off my heels, jewels and dry clean bags for a nice long weekend with some great girls!  I am so excited and look forward to coming home refreshed and ready to hit the ground running with lots more activities and projects. 
On the exercise front, it has been going surprisingly well!!  I haven't missed one day of running, even with Tyler out of town for a couple days last week!  I am giving less and less excuses and really look forward to my runs!  Basically I am up to doing three days a week between 30-40 minutes and have weened myself to only stopping 2-3 times for a one minute walk!!  I always finish the last 10 minutes running at a faster pace and up hill without stopping to challenge myself and help build my endurance.  That was a tidbit of advice my trainer always emphasized and I guess it sunk in!  In just a month, I already feel so many benefits!  I have so much more energy, my body is firming up all over and mentally it is just great having 45 minutes to think and do something for myself before the day starts!  I highly recommend getting out and walking, biking, running...anything for 30 minutes before your day starts! 
On the home front, we had a new roof put on, a new air conditioner installed and several organizational projects still underway!  I packed up all of Paige's baby clothes and toys she has outgrown and organized her closet a bit.  I was only able to come up with a small sack of items for my garage sale out of her room but I can't let go of her things just yet!  We also are refinancing our home with these record low rates right now its just a no brainer!  I have been watching them for about 4 months and locked into a great rate today! 
Things to come:  I have lots of things I have wanted to incude in my blog but haven't had the time to get after it yet with all of our activities!  But one thing I think I would really like to share is a Prayers for Paige section.  I received the loveliest gift at one of my baby showers from a teacher at Janet's school.  It is a prayer scrapbook that lines out instructions and scripture to get me started on things to pray over our daughter and with her.  It was the only gift I received that brought me to tears, so beautiful and such a great idea!  Although I am more on the private side when it comes to this stuff most of the time, I thought it would be a great thing to share for those of you that may like a little inspiration on different things to remember to pray over your children and maybe give me some feedback too.  I also have been coming up with lots of recipes for Paige.  Trying to be sure she gets a well-rounded diet, interesting tastes and textures and making sure some of it is self-feed because she loves feeding herself!  I don't want to forget these recipes when I have another munchkin so the successful ones will be documented here!   
I think this is all the updating I have in me for now!!      xoxo

1 comment: