Sunday, August 29, 2010

LA Times

I was invited to go on an All Girls Trip to Los Angeles, California and tossed the idea around for awhile...not because I wasn't sure I wanted to go because I have always wanted to go!  But was I ready to leave Paige?!?!  The trip couldn't have been timed better for my life, that's for sure!  It was after Paige's one year birthday, after we were done nursing/weaning and before any talks of second babies!   So I signed up and sooo glad I did! 

One of my dearest friends, Buffy, is getting married in October so her sister planned this amazing trip for her!  We stayed at the brand new W Hotel in Hollywood--FANTASTIC! If you ever travel on a grown up trip and there is a W Hotel...I highly recommend!  We ate at some incredible restaurants!  Beso (Eva Longoria's restaurant), Katsuya-fabulous sushi and service!, BLT Steakhouse-great steaks, atmosphere and jalapeno mashed potatoes!!  We also lunched at the ever so famous Ivy and it was breathtaking!  We ate outside and just lounged in the perfect weather and ate great food!  We shopped, hung out at the beautiful pool a couple days and just had incredible girl time! 

There were 8 of us all together and it couldn't have been a better group!  Almost all of us left a child and hubby behind so we had a lot in common!  We saw and talked to several celebrities, met some great people and experienced so much of what Hollywood has to offer in such a short amount of time!  Did I mention we attended Brody Jenner's birthday bash?!?!  Yes we did!!  If you don't know Brody, he is the son of Bruce Jenner (Opympian and husband to Chris Kardashian of Keeping up with the Kardashians) and one of the stars of The Hills on MTV.  He is dating Avril Livigne (singer) so she was also in attendance at the party!!  We were all excited!  Alexis from Real Housewives of the OC was also at the same place so I got to see her and her hubby!  Then some of the girls ran into Kim Kardashian in our hotel lobby with her boyfriend and she so graciously hopped in a photo! 
(The Ivy!)



Yes! That's Kim Kardashian in the center!!
We reminisced on old times before babies and hubbies, gushed about babies and hubbies and lots of laughing and fun!!  I have never seen a more beautiful, fun group of women all together!! 


(With Frakie from The Hills and Shawn from Desperate Housewives!)
To me, it is so important to have girlfriends and do fun things like this!  It was a great opportunity for Tyler to have a daddy/daughter weekend and for me to recharge!  I definitely want to do more girls trips in the future!  I am so glad I was included and had the opportunity to go!!  I so enjoyed getting to know some new awesome girls and catching up with some great old ones!!! 
Love these girls!!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun trip! And what a blessing to have such sweet friends! Have a wonderful week, Heather!

    ReplyDelete