Sunday, August 29, 2010

When Will I Learn...

that running at 10 am...in August...is not a good idea??  I promise I am not going to whine this whole post.  It actually was a great run and I went without Tyler's nagging encouragement.  Besides the heat, it was great!  Great trails, not too many people out and just like I thought...back on track after my vacation!  Next week will hopefully be my last week of taking the 1 minute rests after run segments.  I am bumping up to 8 minute run/1 minute walk then the following week hopefully I can run my 30 minutes.  (I already push through the last 10-12 minutes without rest so I know I can do it).  Things I have learned the hard way the past few weeks:  don't eat a big meal then go run.  In the heat of the summer, its best to get right out of bed and get your run over with!  OK, on to more exciting news around here.....

We have had a great week!  My typical personality would have been to stay home most of the week with my sweet girl and get our house back in order after Oscar, Paige and daddy lived like this was a bachelor pad during my 4 days away!  But there were lots of fun opportunities and unbeatable weather so we were out and about all week!  The zoo was quite a treat on Wednesday!  The gorillas were in rare form, a sea lion show-Paige clapped and laughed the whole time, then the Children's Zoo which I was very mistaken that my babe might be too small...she squirmed out of my arms, waltzed right over to the goats and started petting and hugging them!  Since she has Oscar, she has learned quicker than most kids to be "easy" with animals so I was so impressed to see her do so much better than the "big" kids with the animals.  Then we walked over to the water feature that is only a few inches deep that looks like a small river with lots of rocks.  We stripped down and hopped in (don't worry--I only took off my shoes!).  She would have played in that river for hours!!! 

Wore plum out after a fantastic day at the zoo!
Tyler and I went out with some work friends and a friend/business associate that was in town from Houston too which was very nice to catch up with them. 
Then yesterday we loaded into the car and headed south to see my best buddy Kim and her family then head over to Tyler's grandparents house!  It was such a great day visiting with everyone we haven't seen this summer!  I love Kim's new home and all the possibilities it has!!!  She is right by the lake, right by a state park, right by a huge covered pavilion where she can host lots of birthday parties or family events!!  I have already been dreaming of taking Paige camping there with her little tykes!  Paige loved Nana's house!  Its big and open and has lots of treasures for her to hunt~!  She didn't sit for more than 10 seconds the whole time we were there!  She had a BLAST!!   
Helping Nana make homemade ice cream!!!

Hope you had a splendid weekend with family and friends too!!!

1 comment:

  1. So envious you got to see Kim's new home! Perhaps a road trip is in order for me and my short people soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete