Monday, August 16, 2010

The Girl Who Stole Our Hearts


It was a cold morning in January 2009 and I had just arrived home from Germany visiting my parents.  3:45 am to be exact and I couldn't sleep another minute until I took "the test"!  I was certain it was no because I took two tests two weeks before I left and they were both NOs.  I was planning on it being a long, boring three minutes but within miliseconds it was like I was in Las Vegas and my test was blinking neon lights--PREGNANT!  I can't describe the excitement I felt and I rushed in to wake up Tyler to tell him the good news. He was as excited as one could be when someone wakes them up in the middle of the night.  I don't think he could get his head around how I mysteriously found out in the middle of the night that I would be having our baby.  We were so excited and scared and prayed about every last detail and still do.  I was in love with that baby in my belly the second I read the test.  Every day the love grew stronger.  She kicked and I was overjoyed with emotions.  Then at 16 weeks we went to find out the sex and found our our first born would be a little lady and tears of pure happiness streamed down our faces.  There was a spunky, healthy baby girl in the oven and before I could even get out of there I was in full pink mode!  I talked to her everyday, played her music and rubbed my belly all the while.  I loved every second of being pregnant with her. 

But the real transformation came when the doc handed me my babe.  I became a whole new person and experienced the most pure, whole-hearted love that was like nothing I have ever experienced.  Every day I love her more, in different ways and for different reasons.  I have learned so much about myself and about life by having her.  I love Tyler in completely different ways by watching him as her father too. 

One year has passed and our lives and family will never be the same.  Paige is the most remarkable thing that has ever happened to us.  We can see so much of ourselves and our family in her.  She can brighten any room, place or mood.  Her smile is contagious and her cheeks delicious.  There is nothing in this world we would not do for her.   I love every second of being her mommy and feel so blessed and honored to be called to this role. 

We love you so much Paige McKenzie-Kay!  You are such a big girl and we are so proud of all of your accomplishments this year!!! 


1 comment:

  1. Cheers to Paige and motherhood! Looks like she had a great 1st birthday. Love the pics too.

    ReplyDelete