Saturday, March 26, 2011

Prayers, Thoughts and Thankfulness

I will apologize now if this looks like mush after I publish it! This is my first post via blackberry so bare with me!

My prayer list has gotten rather long the past week and a half or so. There have been tragedies in my family, with close friends, close friends with BIG life decisions, precious new life, children facing tough health issues, a dear friends husband (in military) called to an overseas assignment in the middle if the night, world disasters, wars, thankfullness and so on. My heart aches for so many yet is so thankful for others and I know we can never understand why things happen, we have to have faith that the Lord is with us going into "it" and getting out of "it" and everywhere in between. HE is in Japan. HE is with our military. HE is with the sick. HE is with the thankful. HE is with all of us and HE is listening.



As I pray for all of these people and their families even in the most grim circumstances I SEE and FEEL him at work with them. After reading a friends blog earlier and reading her "recommended readings of Ephesians 1, I continued on and feel this string of verses could not be more powerful for EVERYONE on my prayer list.

"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and deep is the LOVE of Christ, and to know THIS LOVE SURPASSES KNOWLEDGE that you may be FILLED to the MEASURE of all the FULLNESS of GOD. Now to him who is able to do IMMESURABLY MORE than we ASK or IMAGINE, according to HIS power that is at work WITHIN us to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations for ever and EVER! Amen

I am thankful HE listens, I am thankful for answered prayers, I am blessed beyond measure to know HE is with me in the good times and bad and even if I don't understand, I will have faith in HIM.

3 comments:

  1. Ephesians 2...a precious reminder of who we are in Christ and what He has done for us. So humbling. Your faith, dear friend, are filling gaps for those who might be weary! Keep on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wisdom. 'Bet you didn't know that I often pray that very verse for my family members by name...for the past five, that has included you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, you sure do know how to make a girl get all teary eyed! Thank you so much for the support and prayers...it means a lot to me :)

    ReplyDelete