Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Girls Gone Wild!

Today is one of those days I have 800 things I want to blog about!  I am going to try and stick with our spring break since there is a lot to post about but bare with me if I go astray!!! 

Tyler's parents (J & J) own a home South of  *us* and we were planning on joining them for the day this past Saturday to celebrate Tyler's grandpa's birthday!  Paige and I decided we were up for a vacation so we loaded down the FJ, rolled down the windows letting the wind blow our hair and arrived a couple of hours later! 

As most of you know my best buddy Kim lives in these parts so we went straight to her house to have some brunch (donuts) and play!  The kiddos had so much fun!  We explored their lovely home and walked up by the lake, played in the sand box and swings.  It is such a beautiful place to live and raise a family!  I am so jealous she lives walking distance from the lake!!  Sadly, we were too busy chasing around our hooligans that I don't have any photographic memories to commemorate this part of the trip! 
Once we were played out and ready for a nap, we hopped back in our carriage and were off to "grandmother's house"!!  J & J's place is so serene! Its up on a hill and the backyard is filled with big, beautiful rocks and a beautiful creek!  Blue bonnets fill the place each spring!  Paige was so excited to see her nonny and pappy and of course to play outside!  Nonny had a new car for P ready for the weekends adventures! 

On Thursday morning we got up and invited Kim and her munchkins over to play and have a picnic and we all had a blast!  Towards the end of our playdate Paige started acting a little weird and saying her eyes were bothering her.  Apparently she is allergic to something!  Once I got her inside and cooled down everything was fine but twice she almost seemed like she would pass out!  We got some antihistamine in her system and everything was better but I must say it was the weirdest/scariest thing I have dealt with since she's been alive!
After nap time we headed to Paige's great grandma's house! We visited with nana for several hours catching up with her and Paige explored all of her house too!  Nana travels the US quite a bit so we try to catch up her every chance we get! 
Kim's MIL owns an amazing nursery about 20 minutes from J & J's place so we cruised over there to check out all of the new spring plants!!!  Janet hadn't ever been out there and I knew she would love it!  Not only does she have a HUGE selection of delicious plants but also some of the best outdoor decorations EVER!  I remember one time I was out there several years ago and she had a bench made out of surf boards!!!  It was really neat!  Paige was in Heaven because she has a few dogs, lots of toys and tons of "flowas"! I have been on a mission for a flower box to go under my kitchen window for awhile now.  I just can't do the ones without character...Tyler won't let me have flamingos or anything so I have to be sure each thing I add to the yard has CHARACTER!  She had a very old white, wrought iron one that has been aged drastically over time and it appeared to be the EXACT size I need for my double window!  Score!  I snatched that up, a smaller one to hang on the fence and a very small one for Paige so that each spring, she can pick out flowers for her basket and take care of them!  I can't wait to see what she chooses!!  She already loves our flowers and has learned we "smell" not "touch"!  The last items I left with were two hydrangeas and a magnolia tree/shrub.  Janet found an awesome wrought iron stand with a terra cotta pot that is to die for...

Our last big adventure was to a mini pony ranch!!!  One of Janet's best friends growing up raises mini ponies.  Tyler and his brother grew up with her kids (Leah and Jacob) and Leah and I have become quite good friends over the past few years!  To put it mildly, I am obsessed with mini ponies! If I were an animal, I would be a mini pony--quirky, weird, out of the ordinary, always makes people smile and confident.  There were also chickens, an amazing yellow rooster named Obama, a gorgeous milk cow and several precious pooches!  I CANNOT wait to go back!  Paige was most obsessed with the Gator she got to ride and drive. 
Here is Obama!!!
 He was dancing like crazy right when we got there...showing off for his "bride to be"!
 Doesn't this beauty look just like Tina Turner?!?!?!  I loved him!!!!!

 




We loved every minute of our long weekend and spending special time with family and friends!
"Think about the things that are good and worthy of praise.  Think about the things that are true and honorable and right and pure and beautiful and respected." Phillippians 4:8
 And a few more fun pics form the weekend...as if I didnt have enough already...

This a a wig we found in a hat box!!!  Lots of giggles throughout the weekend!!!

 Paige and her nonny!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment