Friday, June 5, 2009

My two favorite guys!







Somehow I have managed not to have any pictures of my sweet little puppy on my blog yet! Okay, he's not that sweet, little or a puppy anymore but he is to me!! Oscar has brought so much love and entertainment to us for almost two years! He has taught us so much about each other and probably has prepared us a bit for parenthood! Yes a dog is different than a baby but if you haven't raised a puppy, you have no idea how much time and energy (and money) they can be!! I could write a novel of all of the stories of things we have been through with this fury critter from the vet stories, to the snow, or his obsession with under garments...Most of his bad habits he has finally outgrown but his love for lacey underwear will never die!! He has slept with us since the second day he had him home because he cried in his crate the entire first night without ever taking a break or getting a drink of water! 1/2 way through night two Tyler almost lost it and said put your dog in the bed if it will make him stop crying so we can all get some sleep! The second I picked him up and put him next to me, he was snoring! Tyler trained him to sleep in the floor while we were living with his parents during our remodeling phase but then he went on a week long work trip...Oscar and I couldn't resist! When Tyler came home, he was confused as to why Oscar was back in bed so he told him to get into his bed...Oscar growled and got under my covers! He hasn't left since! He sleeps right next to me under the covers every night with the exception of when Tyler is out of town...then he somehow knows he is in charge and sleeps at the end of the bed out of the covers and listens all night. When Tyler comes home, he runs for the covers because he knows he is "off duty" and dad is in charge of protecting his mom! Not sure if my dad reads this blog but rest assured if he does he will be apalled that the 90 pound doberman is still sleeping in our bed...OK I am sure he is not the only one but to each their own:)

I have to say, I couldn't ask for two better guys to always be looking out for me! It was pretty big shoes to fill coming from my family where I was the only girl! Basically my dad hung the moon, protected national security, possibly invented rainbows and knows the answer to everything and could solve any problem! I know that is what Tyler will be to Paige too and part of the reason I love him so much!

Remember to count your blessings and enjoy the little things. A few photos of Oscar to share...Tyler has only been really sick once since I have known him and he was REALLY sick! It was my birthday last year so I went out with my friends and Oscar took care of Tyler...not only did he not leave his side, he didn't leave his back!! The strawberry picture is from Valentine's Day last year...we had heart shaped pizza then Oscar put on a tuxedo shirt and they brought me chocolate strawberries! Best V-Day ever!! The other is just one of my favorite pics of Ty & Osc before work one day~



No comments:

Post a Comment