Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Last Vacation as a family of TWO!!




Tyler and I decided to celebrate our two year anniversary and our last vacation as careless newlyweds without children (Okay, paige was technically with us but fairly easy to tend to in this state)!! We stayed at The Mansion at Turtle Creek in Uptown Dallas for 4 days!! It was fantastic! Lots of relaxing, laying by the pool, eating at fun restaurants, watched movies and shopped! One noteworthy restaurant/diner if you are ever in Dallas and love hamburgers like I do...Twisted Root Hamburger Co. It was featured on the Food Network a few weeks ago and since that is Tyler and my favorite channel...we decided to make it a stop! Homemade everything...patties, hand cut fries, hand battered onion rings, fried pickles, homemade root beer and ice cream...you name it! There was a bumper sticker on the toilet that said "Put your big girl panties on and deal with it!" and the background music was madonna...I knew I was at my dream place! I know my friend Kim will have a sassy comment about all of this but it is also her dream place!! We took off Monday as well to kind of re-group from vacation mode and run some errands. We got the baby crib picked up (not yet put together so pictures to come), I let my license expire 6 months ago apparently and didn't find out until I was at the airport a few weeks ago so I had to go to the DMV and everything! My sweet husband shuttled me around in the 105 heat and waited patiently as I sat in line for 1.5 hours like a criminal! I really never forget things like this but I will blame it on my pregnant brain! Tyler keeps asking what I will blame things on when I'm not pregnant anymore and I just smile and say Paige of course:) We also got to see one of our best friends on Monday, Mr. Ben Mason! He moved to Arizona over a year ago and we don't get to see him too often! He and Tyler have been friends since they were kids and I have just loved him since the minute I met him! One of Tyler's friends recently opened up a diner in Edmond at about 2nd & Broadway called Colby's Grill. They serve breakfast and lunch and it was absolutely delicious!!! I was nervous after being at the place in Dallas and going to Colby's for the first time only a few days later but it was fantastic! I had the chili cheese burger and hand cut fries and it was the best chili burger I have had!! Onion rings are hand battered every day as well and were quite tasty!!! All of the boys have had breakfast here but I haven't been so fortunate yet but will post about it as soon as I get the opportunity!!


We had out 31 week checkup on Monday and everything looks great still! We are now on the two week plan and will have one last untrasound at our next visit!! I can hardly wait to take one more peek at our little baby one last time before she comes into the world!


A couple pictures from our weekend of fun are attached!

1 comment:

  1. Why would I have anything sassy to say about you talking about big girl panites and Madonna all in one post? Really, Heather! Can't wait to try Colby's though. I have been wondering if it's good. Thanks for keeping a place 2 minutes from my house a secret. Appreciate that for sure!

    ReplyDelete