Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What We are Sipping on this Summer!

Besides today, it has been a pretty toasty summer so far!!  With that comes lots of liquids especially for the small people and baby producing people around here!  Oscar doesn't seem to mind drinking the same ol thing every day (besides sneaking a few swigs of Paige's milk from time to time) but the rest of us get tired of boring old water sometimes.  I allow myself one 8 oz. cup of coffee or tea each day and Paige of course gets no caffeine so we have been experimenting drinks lately.  We have finally found a couple of winners!!  Our most favorite:  a handful of frozen blueberries at the bottom of our glass of ice water!  I actually just started making it for Paige first and the other day I got really thirsty and didn't have a drink available so I took a swig of her sippy cup, yes I do this regularly, and it was a tasty treat!  It really tasted like juice almost with none of the negatives like packed with sugar or syrups!! 
Other tasty additions:  cucumber, lime, or lemon, mint leaves, basil....ahhh lime and mint!! I don't think we will apply for jobs at Sonic anytime soon but I thought we were being pretty creative and not adding 500 calories to our tasty drinks!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment