Friday, July 1, 2011

Oh Baby!~Team Blue or Team Pink??

Well, I am almost halfway finished with this pregnancy!  18 weeks checked off the charts and almost time to find out the sex of the baby!!  Are you Team Pink or Team Blue for Baby Beaver?!?!  All of the people in this house say its a girl!  So far the pregnancy is pretty identical!  Almost on a scary level!  I became obsessed with eating spicy, Mexican food when I was pregnant with Paige...sooo spicy that Tyler would be concerned for her well being!  I like to credit her wonderful, firecracker personality to all of my spicy food intake! 
Well, two nights ago Paige and I dined at one of our fave mexi restaurants for dinner while Tyler was out of town.  Last night when he got home, I begged until he took us back so I could eat THE EXACT same thing again!!!  YUMMMMMMM  If you want to know the truth, if any one wants to go, I could do it again RIGHT now! 
A lot of people said Paige would be a boy when I told them all I wanted was spicy, salty food!  I didn't crave sweets with her and I rarely ever eat them this time either!  I feel great just like I did last time! No weird symptoms or illnesses (now that the dreaded first 15 weeks are over).  My skin is generally lovely when I'm not pregnant but back to having a few breakouts just like last time!  My belly pics look pretty exact to last time--I have been meaning to take a pic in the same outfit so you can really tell but it seems you aren't quite as obsessive about these things Round #2!  I promise I will get around to it before week 40! 
Baby and I have made a deal...you see...I am in my dear friend Chelsea's wedding July 30th and my oh so beautiful bridesmaid dress was ordered before I was pregnant!  Thankfully I ordered a 6 instead of a 4 that my measurements said to or else I would really be in trouble!  But I try it on once a week to make sure it still fits!  Yesterday it fit great and the way the dress is, I didn't even look pregnant in it!  So the baby has agreed to keep me in a sz. 6 for 4 more weeks!  Then I have agreed to get as big as baby wants!!  Won't that be fun!  HAHA  My poor, sweet bride friend has not only me but one other gal that found out she was pregnant AFTER the dresses were ordered! I hope we haven't added too much anxiety to her wedding prep hoping and praying we can Crisco our bods into our dresses come wedding day!!! 
Baby has been kicking around quite a bit!  For some reason Baby really liked going to the dentist yesterday and was going crazy while I was laying there!  Although not quite big enough yet to be felt on the outside yet!  I haven't been doing too much baby planning thus far.  Even with Paige, I really waited until after I knew if she was a girl or boy before really getting into it.  I have different ideas in my head for girl/boy but nothing I am just dying to buy or get ready as soon as we know.  I think the second time you realize a) you have all of the necessities already b) they don't even go to their room for several weeks after they are born and c) if this is a girl, we have EVERYTHING she could dream of already.  We will get her new outfits here and there and some new bedding but Paige has so much stuff that wasn't even worn or only worn once so we will definitely take advantage of that! 
The main thing Baby and I are concerned with these days is when our next meal will be!  That isn't all together different from my non-pregnant attitude but Baby really has ZERO tolerance for being hungry.  I stay so much busier this pregnancy so my body actually has a chance to get hungry without me realizing it as opposed to when I was pregnant with Paige and was still working there was routine breakfast then lunch break then dinner with Tyler and not focusing my attention on a toddler!  But I try to not get to the hunger point because Baby makes it a point to make me very, very ill if I get hungry!!  Hmmm...sounds a lot like Paige and I...more signs pointing to girl?! 
Let me know what your guesses are!!  I can't wait to go hear my baby and take a peek and see that everything is healthy and normal!! 

2 comments:

  1. Nonny is guessing "girl" ...I have no scientific reason, no hunch, just a need to guess! I can't wait to find out if Ty will spend the rest of his parenting days as the only man in the house. Will ESPN still be the dominating television channel, or will fashion and hgtv edge it out?
    As the only woman around our dinner table for years, my comments were often met with three sets of rolling eyes. I'll never forget the first time Tiff joined us for a meal and I heard those magical words, "I think I agree with your mom." Even now as I think back on the memory, I hear the sound of an angel choir singing in the background..

    ReplyDelete