Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Time Flies....When You Are Raising a Toddler!

I can't believe I am more than halfway done with this pregnancy!  Holy Moly!  I have a lot to accomplish before this bundle of lovin' arrives!!  I feel great and have so much energy!  Second trimester is like being young, vibrant and in the best shape of your life...well, besides being slightly inproportioned:). 
Time flies a lot quicker when you are pregnant and caring for a mini person that's for sure!  I think about the little baby often and love HER so much but I am not as "obsessed" as last time.  I guess for one, its less scary this time since I kind of know what to expect and everything has been going great so far and just like last time.  For two, Paige keeps me very busy!  She appreciates a lot of attention and activity in her life and I gladly give it!  For three, just like last time, I have a laundry list of things to accomplish before she arrives!  Since Paige came three weeks early, I am using caution and have set a timeline of completion for projects by November 15th.  That is less than 4 months away people!!!  Here is my agenda for the next few months (I will also include my current challenges for at least humerous purposes):

*Get Paige & Baby Sis's swingset built (trying to find someone that will build it for less than $400!!)

*Master Bedroom renovation completion (mattress ordered and need to hang drapes and accessories-also looking for the perfect chest but not in any rush for that-still own my old one and it serves the purpose-want the perfect piece so I can wait)

*Girls' room redo-not too many major changes in here--we love this room!  Just adding a big girl bed that belonged to paige's great-great grandmother!  Isn't that precious?!?!  Janet and I will work on bedding for the little munchkin and probaby make accessories for Paige's bed.  A little re-organization of toys and furniture will also be in order. 

*Powder Bath gut!  I already have the design complete and cash in the bank to pay for this project!!!  BUT I am waiting on the contractor I want to use.  Me no like to wait when I have a plan and $$$$$.  But good things come to those who wait but I am oh so excited to have a clean, fresh bathroom!  I hope he breaks free soon!

*Hall Bath redo-I have a general idea of what I want to do in here but not an exact plan yet.  Need to finalize plan and as soon as powder bath is crossed off, we will move on to this bathroom.  Hopefully two out of three bathrooms will be renovated in our house before baby girl comes!  Our master bath will be last because we forsee it being the most expensive since we want to expand it and move plumbing.  The other two are just clear out and put back together.  I CAN"T WAIT!!! 

*Family room furniture-we have been talking about changing the furniture in this room since we moved in.  We know what we want BUT our d-o-g thinks its his furniture so until we have him 100% off no new furniture!  Hopefully by Christmas we can have this room done.  I can handle a few sofa deliveries after my babe comes:). 

*Tyler plans to replace all of the interior doors and knobs as soon as it cools off and we have some tree plans for the outside this fall.  Hopefully since my new addiction to gardening, I will actually plant tulips this year-Tyler's fave flower! 

For those of you that have been pregnant, you know all about these mad plans for your life, especially home before baby comes!!  For those of you that don't have kids--you probably think I am insane!  I can't wait to start crossing items off my list!  Hopefully the master and the playground get crossed off in the next week! 
I looked for a pic of myself at 21 weeks from last time to compare to this time but it looks like I took a week off so here's how Baby Girl is looking on the oven these days....

21 Weeks!!  She is kicking and squirming and loves for Paige to tell her stories!!  Paige keeps begging to "go see Christmas" because I keep telling her Sissy will be here by Christmas!  Also, Boppy and Grandma will be here and she is obsessed with them!  She will be here before we know it!

               

3 comments:

  1. Girl, you look SO GOOD!!!! You look like "Legally Blond and Pregnant" HOTT!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute!!! Good luck with all that stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! I can't believe how fast it's going by. Hope to see you girls soon...I've got to come see your house. :)

    ReplyDelete