Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sweet Memories~!

Today is Tyler & my four year wedding anniversary!!!  It seems like just yesterday we were planning our wedding and our life together and here we are four years later and we couldn't be happier!  Here are some highlights of what we have been up to the past few years:

2007

Our Wedding! 

Honeymoon Staycation to renovate the house I owned that Tyler moved into and we made a home! 
New wood floors and a completely renovated bathroom got us on our way:)


Tyler gave me an early Christmas present, after MUCH research, we brought home our furry son Oscar-a Doberman Pinscher.  He is our first pet (and son) and he filled our hearts and home with so much love and messes!!  We have learned so much from him and about ourselves since being on this journey "raising" him!! 

We began our legacy of "Party Throwers Extrordinaire" by hosting "The Classy Christmas Party 2007"!  It was AMAZING!!!  Valet parking, amazing decorations, food, drinks, party favors, fancy clothes, and literally over 150 people joined in on the fun!!!   

2008

LOTS of fun stuff!!!

Las Vegas with some of our very best friends to celebrate their upcoming wedding!!!  It was one of THE BEST girls trips I have ever gone on!  So much fun and such a GREAT Vegas experience!  The guys had a blast too!!

CHICAGO for a work conference...luckily hubs and I "have" the same profession so we enjoyed a mostly free trip to an AMAZING city!!  I am obsessed with summer in Chicago! 

Lots of weddings!!  We traveled to Houston for one of my very best friends wedding, stayed at The Houstonian-fabulous!, and went to an Astros game.

We officially SOLD our home and became home-less!  Well, not quite that dramatic...we moved in with Tyler's parents until we could find the PERFECT home! 

We celebrated our FIRST anniversary at a Bed & Breakfast and it was wonderful!
We purchased the most special house!!  A 1955 Ranch home that just needed a little (okay, a lot) of TLC!  We blew out walls, floors, kitchen, wallpaper and started putting it back together!  From the moment I stepped into this house I knew it was "the one"!  We moved in just in time for Thanksgiving!

My grandparents came to be with us for Thankgsiving!!! I LOVED having them with us but am so thankful for all the time with them because my grandpa passed away this past Christmas.  He loved Tyler so much and I am so glad he got to see how well I am taken care of:)

CHRISTMAS!  This was a super exciting time!!  My parents lived in Germany at the time I spent a little over 2 weeks with them and was kind of sickly feeling throughout the trip (mainly in the plane).  But it was a SUPER amazing time and I can't wait to go back to Europe with our family! 


2009

January 3, 2009 We found out I was pregnant with our FIRST child!!!  No wonder I felt so crummy on that plane!!!  I took 2 tests before I left--both negative!  We were absolutely, positively thrilled!  I told Tyler at 3 am (he was more thrilled when it sunk in the next morning after coffee:) ). 

We hosted a party to announce the sex of our baby!!  The first party in honor of PAIGE!!!

We hosted our FIRST Kentucky Derby Party!!

Tyler ran his FIRST half marathon!!

LOTS of house projects including the most beautiful nursery, landscaping, cleaning, on and on...

Several amazing baby showers where we received more gifts than you could ever imagine!!! 

We celebrated our SECOND anniversary by taking a long weekend trip to Dallas and staying at the Mansion at Turtle Creek.  I HIGHLY recommend it!  We felt like royalty!  We shopped, ate a lot, were lazy and just had a great time!! 

My bod was stretched to unbelievable limits!!!!!!!!!!!  Tyler and I looked at this pic the other day and were dying laughing!!  There was only ONE baby in there, I DO NOT have one tiny stretch mark and everything went back to normal after...if that doesn't prove their is a God nothing will:) Enjoy this one...

Our first child/daughter was born!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh Heavenly day!!  Our lives were transformed by her!  Our hearts grew out of our chest and our thankfullness reached immesurable heights!

Our first holidays as parents!  Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas was soooo much more fun!!

We spent Christmas in Las Vegas with my parents and it was Paige's first flight!  Now she is a VIP flyer:)

2010

We mainly spent ALL of our time loving our sweet little girl!  Taking thousands of pictures of her...

We went back to las Vegas with my brother and he got to meet Paige!

Our Second annual Kentucky Derby Party!!

Our home was hit by a major hail storm and Tyler's beloved Tahoe was TOTALED! 

Our FIRST family vacation to Vail, Colorado!  We had a wonderful time!! 

We celebrated Paige's first birthday!

We went to Dallas so Tyler could go to the Colonial golf tourney and we made it a little family weekend getaway!  SOOO fun!

I went on my FIRST mini vacay away from Paige on a girls trip to LA!!  SOOOO fun with some of my bestest friends! 

Tyler and I went on our first vacation together without Paige!  We went to NYC with John-Mark and Tiff and it was unbelievable!!  So much fun and I can't wait to go back when its warm:)

2011

We went to Austin so Tyler could run his second 1/2 marathon!  Such a great trip staying with my bestie Beth!!

Tyler had a work trip to San Antonio so he brought Paige and I along and it was a blast!  Some of our best friends Jeff & Jonice went also with their son so we got to swim, enjoy Sea World and SHOP!! 

Did I mention we found out we were expecting our SECOND little baby ?!?!?!  Paige is DYING for a sibling!!!! 

3rd Annual Kentucky Derby Bash!!! 

We spent 2 weeks in Las Vegas with my parents golfing, resting and celebrating another one of my dearest friends bachelorette party!! 

We found out we will be having a healthy, beautiful baby girl!!!  We are so excited Paige will have a sister! 

Obviously these are just a few highlights of the past four years and all of the wonderful, exciting things that have happened in our marriage.  We are so thankful, so blessed and so incredibly happy!  I love this journey that this growing family is on together and I look forward to so many more wonderful memories ahead!  I am so thankful to be married to a man that loves me so much, is the best father I could ever dream of having for my children and takes such good care of all of us!  My favorite place on earth is being right where Tyler, Paige, Oscar and Sista Baby are!  They are my life and my heart!  I pray that my girls find husbands that are like their daddy someday in the distant future!  
Thank you Jesus for the best four years of my life and I look forward to so many more with this incredible family you blessed us with!!!!!!!   

(Envision here a picture of Tyler, Me, Paige, Oscar and my belly.  Someday all of us will be in one photo...)


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this blog!!!!!! I am SOOOO happy for each and every blessing that you guys have had in your lives. Congratulations on your Anniversary!!!!

    ReplyDelete