Saturday, August 6, 2011

Overflowing Love & Thankfulness

Last night, on the eve of Paige's 2nd birthday, we laid in her bed like we always do singing songs, saying prayers, thinking of all of our family we love and miss I was also reflecting on the prayers I would say asking our gracious Lord for a child.  I began telling Paige how hard I prayed for her and when Jesus was ready he gave her to me.  Then every day as she grew in my belly how I prayed she would be a healthy happy baby, full of love and life. I told her I still pray every day over her and I haven't let one day go by without thanking God for her and now for her sister.  A lot of times we pray for things and are so thankful when we get them but soon stop appreciating the miracle of an answered prayer.  I am guilty of this with a lot of things but never with my children.  I explained to Paige the importance of prayer and the equally importance of thankfulness.  She has such a big heart and is so sincere.  I love how genuine her prayers are and the people, things and animals she prays over. 
A good friend of mine said "I'm so filled with love for my children that I feel like I could literally explode."  That is exactly how I feel and sometimes I look at Paige and have to hold back tears because I literally feel like I could explode with love for her. 
Children are the most beautiful, perfect expression of God's love for us.  It should never be taken for granted.  I pray every day for the women who long to be mothers that the Lord will bless them with this precious gift in His perfect time. 
As we celebrate two unbelievably wonderful years as parents to the greatest gift God has ever given us, I am reminded of all of the answered prayers already with this child.  Thank you, thank you, thank you Lord for blessing our family with Paige and answering our prayers for her.  We will work every day at being the best parents and role models for her and will never lose sight of what an incredible gift she is to us. 
We love you so much Paige all the way to the moon and all the way back! We are so proud of you and thankful for you!!!  Happy 2nd birthday precious girl!!!

1 comment:

  1. This gave me chills! I agree 100% that we should never take our children, and their health for granted. What a blessing being a mommy is!!!

    ReplyDelete