Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Few Magical Details.....

Thanks to my sweet friend Nicole for reminding me that I FORGOT to share the image of Paige's party invitation!  It was the inspiration for the whole party and really got my imagination and ideas where I wanted to be!!  My dear friend Chelsea found about 6 amazing options on Etsy and this was both of our favorite!!
I wish you could read all of the words and quotes!!  I had her add the Mad Hatter quote on the back and also a quote from Alice that reminded me of Paige.  "Sometimes I believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast." Alice 
This is a sweet quote but if you really think about it, isn't it something we all want to instill in our children??  I definitely do.  I want our girls to always reach for the stars and have us behind them cheering and telling them with hard work and determination, you can accomplish anything.  That is exactly what Alice meant and did! 
The Mad Hatter quote reminds me of how I want our home to feel.  Its a little dramatic but I want our home to always be fun and exciting for our friends, family, the girls and their friends.  The Mad Hatter worked very hard to make sure everything was wonderful!  Ok, enough over analyzing Alice in Wonderland...clearly I love the movie...
After seeing the invitations in person in all their grandeur and delicious paper, I decided white envelopes would never do so I ordered Kraft Paper envelopes.  LOVE them!  I also found hand cut/glittered Queen of Hearts envelope seals that I ordered.  This is a little more than I would normally do but the invitations really deserved some special touches!  If any of you are ever looking for an invitation for a special occasion, let me know and I will send you her info!  She even has an option to buy the image from her for your invitation for a very small fee then you could print your own for much cheaper.  I have heard war stories with people who have done this and it ends up as expensive as custom order by the end and doesn't look as good but I think if you are qualified and have good printing equipment, it could be done for very cheap!!  I am a bit of a paper snob and also lack the equipment and knowledge to print out my own invites to this caliber.  So for my special occasions...we will go with custom printing!
Here are a few fun things we served and links to the recipes.  I was a HUGE fan of all of them and will be making everything again! 

Drinks
Homemade Peach and Strawberry Soda (I saw Giada make this several months ago on her show for a children's party and knew we must have it!)
Peach Tea
Snacks
Fruit Tray and Janet's Apple Brickle Dip
Veggie Tray and homemade Ranch
Grown-Up Food
Avocado Chicken Salad w/ avocado dressing (a friend of a friend writes this food blog that is divine! If you like to cook, you must check it out!!  Beautiful layout, lovely gal and most importantly, divine recipes!) Looks like she credits Paula Deen for this creation.
Black Bean and Corn Salsa w/ blue corn flax tortilla chips
Kiddie Food
PB&J Sammy's
Alphabet Cheezits
Treats
Cake Balls (another Paula Deen delight!) I promise this is the easiest and best cake ball recipe out there!! 
Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Balls (Paula Delight!--saw her and her grandkids make these awhile back...Fabulous and soooo easy!!)

I can't wait to make these rice crispy balls again for Halloween and Christmas!! Just a change of the sprinkles and they are perfect for any holiday!!  Even your fave sports team for a football party.  In fact, adults loved these more than kids.  I honestly had no intentions of trying them because they just seemed silly...I promise the only silly thing was me almost NOT trying them!  Soooo good and I don't even like sweets that much.  The cake balls are a little more labor intensive but were so good and so worth the 3 day process.  After making them a few times now, I can understand why bakeries charge over a $1 a piece for one bite of cake.  If I made them for a living, I would charge $15 a piece!!!  They are a labor of love...only make them for those you really love--you know, unless you just like spending 3 days on a recipe! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your recipes and invite details. I have 2 girl birthday parties coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the invites, soooo cute!!! thanks for FINALLY posting them ;)

    ReplyDelete