Thursday, August 11, 2011

And Just Like That...She Was Two

This beautiful photo was taken before our beautiful girl even had a legal name!  The most perfect little person I have ever seen.  I remember this day like it was yesterday...but somehow two years have FLOWN by and soon we will be taking this photo of her baby sister!  She still looks exactly like this when she sleeps and even though we thought we were completely full of love for her then, it has grown each and every day since then just like she has grown! 
She is learning and changing so much!  She knows all of her ABC's, lots of colors and well on her way to counting to 10!  I really feel like I was 4 before I knew most of that??  Must be all the vitamins in milk these days:).  She has been mostly potty trained for about a month now and the past 2 days NO accidents and only a diaper at nap and bed time!!!  Her doctor was VERY impressed and so are we!!!  She tells me each morning diapers are for babies not big girls!  HA!  She has even gotten over her fear of poo in the potty and has been taking care of business in her potty!  She knows about 10 songs by heart but the one I beam about the most is Jesus Loves Me...she always sings it quite loud in the grocery stores and old ladies always look at me like I'm the greatest mom ever!  She has memorized so many books so she can "read" them to herself.  It was bizarre when she started doing it because obviously she can't read but its super funny and impressive watching her go through the pages and by memorization and photo cues, she knows the words!!  She reads to her babies, Oscar and her baby sister!  This morning she was telling her baby sister about a bible story and was talking about Jesus.  She then talked about Joseph and Mary, looked at me confused and asked if Joseph stinks.  I hope your laughing...I couldn't stop.  I also didn't really know what to say.  "Well Paige, I haven't ever smelled Joseph but I don't think he stunk.  I haven't read anything that leads me to believe he was a smelly man but I also know there wasn't a big selection of soap or shampoo...lets just stick to he didn't though."  I love the questions she asks and how she wants to know about everything and details of how things work. 
Its amazing how SOON being a GIRL comes out.  She is dramatic, loves makeup, jewelry, accessories, taking fashion risks and playing with babies.  We call sunscreen "makeup" at this house so she will wear it.  She has her own deoderant and lotion because she is obsessed!  (She doesn't get to wear deoderant but likes to pretend putting it on).  She changes shoes 100 times before we leave the house all while saying "I do it myself!"  She loves her friends and mine and even if she hasn't seen someone for awhile she still asks about them and they turn up in her prayers out of nowhere. 
She loves food!  So very much like her mom and dad!  She will eat most anything but prefers home cooked food!  She gets spoiled with having a cooking mama!  Last night she came up to me and said "I want chicken, I want noodles, I want corn, please mommy!"  She doesn't eat a ton of bread or drink much milk but she loves crackers, cheese, yogurt, etc.  I was happy to know the doc doesn't much care which dairy she ingests as long as she gets some from some source each day.  I have also long practiced this ritual. 
At her two year appointment this week, she was 27 pounds and almost 36 inches tall.  50% in weight and 85% in height...seems like she is taking after mama's body!  Its so funny how tall and long legged she has seemed to us lately!  We LOVE it! 
We celebrated her birthday last weekend and it was a grand affair!!!  So many wonderful friends and family joined in on the fun!  We did a Mad Hatter Funky Tea party and it turned out great even with the scorching heat!  Here are a few photos from the event!
 So happy her friends came to celebrate with her!!
Our dining room transformed to Paige's Wonderland!!  Balloons, sunglasses, rice crispy balls, cake pops and homemade fruit soda! 
 
Paige blowing out her candle from her chocolate coated peanut butter rice crispy ball! Oh these are divine!!
 
Hudson & Abigail sporting the super fun sunglass favors!

 Checking out some of her new toys!!
 Mommy and Baby Gaga relaxing after the festivities!!
 I can't wait to see what this next year has in store for us!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Man, it's so crazy how time flies! After so many years of not knowing where any of you guys were, I finally found you all on facebook! And I found you RIGHT AFTER you had Paige, so I feel like I've watched her grow up from afar! Heather, you are doing such an amazing job as a mother, and Paige's personality just resonates off my computer screen! She has gotten so big and she is absolutely adorable! Happy Birthday, Paige!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute party! and super cute little two year old!!! you need to post a pic of the invite you found on etsy!!!

    ReplyDelete