Monday, October 3, 2011

They are Ba-Na-Na-S!!

A couple weeks ago my dear friend and neighbor Debbie bounced over with a plate of goodies for P and I!  We love our precious neighbors but even more when they arrive with home baked goods!!!  I speak of Debbie and her husband on here often when talking about food--they are my vegetarian pals!  Any who, Debbie brought us the most delicious banana mini muffins.  Don't stop reading...we all have a banana bread recipe now don't we??  I promise you don't have one this good and this healthy!!!  Paige ate 3 muffins within 30 minutes...unlike her!  Then I scarfed several down...sooo good!  Before the night was over, we had eaten all of our treats!  The next morning Paige asked for one and I told her sadly, they were gone.  She demanded I ask Debbie for more and I had to explain to her we don't ask for more goodies but we could ask for the recipe and make our own...so Debbie pointed me to her blog and I got really confused??  Then texted her: "Dear Debbie, the recipe on your blog is for a healthy recipe, I don't want that one, I want the recipe for the muffins you brought us...no way were those whole wheat!" She says "yes they were heather, that is the recipe. now leave me alone." Ok, she didn't say the last part...Now here is the recipe you will thank me later for if you make these!!!!
What you need:
1 1/2 cup Organic Whole Wheat Flour


1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 cup melted butter (I use Smart Balance Butter light with flax)

3/4 cup Organic Pure Cane Sugar (I followed her list exactly except on sugar-I used regular sugar)

2 Organic Eggs

3 Organic Ripe Bananas mashed

1 teaspoon vanilla

* white chocolate chips

* coconut flakes

What you do:
 
Preheat oven to 325F degrees.


In a mixing bowl, cream together the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs, mashed bananas and vanilla and mix really well.

Mix in the baking soda and cinnamon. Then slowly pour in the flour, mixing well as you pour. Give the mixture a really good stir to make sure everything is fully mixed and then stir in the your treat of choice. (white chocolate chips, coconut flakes, nuts, blueberries).

Lightly grease or oil your baking cups. Spoon your mixture into the cups. Bake at 325F degrees for about 20 minutes.


Tips from Debbie:

"*I actually poured out a little but of the mixture into a separate bowl and added the coconut flakes. I also spooned the plain banana mixture into the cups and then added a few white chocolate chips to about half of the plain muffins. I ended up with a few plain banana muffins, a few white chocolate banana muffins, and banana coconut muffins. YUM-O."

I have made this recipe 3 times in the past month!  They are so stinking good!!  Paige and I like them with white chocolate and Tyler likes them plain.  I generally don't like muffins because they get too dry and prefer a loaf...not in this case!  These mini muffins or regular size muffins are divinely moist!  Another great tip--I HATE Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat flour but it is all I seem to be able to find.  It is horrible to bake with!  If you have access to a Whole Foods or Sunflower Market, I suggest scooping your own organic whole wheat flour!  It is sooooo good!  Bakes beautifully and I had no idea I was eating whole wheat!  Thank you Debbie for that tip! 

She does LOVE to bake and to eat!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment