Tuesday, October 4, 2011

"The Baby is Coming" Project Update

I have never met a mom to be who didn't have a zillion things that had to be done before her baby comes.  All of us have different priotities yet to us, they are SUPER important...I like to use the word Crucial. The last time I was pregnant I had a ton of things, one of which being the garage.  I did not want my sweet girl moving into a house with a junkyard garage.  What would she think of us if she saw such a wreck?!  How would we ever explain the weird items we were holding onto like a couple of hoarders?!  This time around I realize that my newborn will not be very judgemental of our home.  She will merely judge us based on how well we snuggle, how timely she receives milk--and plenty of it and that she does not ever have to sit in her own filth for more than a few moments.  But, I do realize that the more orderly and put together my house is, the more I will be able to focus on this beautiful new life and only caring about snuggling her, feeding her, loving on her and enjoying a lovely home to do it in!!  So...here is the status of the projects I listed off on July 20, 2011:

  • Swingset:  DONE!!!  Paige is completely in love with her swingset and can't wait to push her little sis in the baby swing!! 

  • Master Bedroom:  DONE!!  (with the exception of an Elk Head I bought to go over the bed...I'm sure my precious husband will do it soon!!)  I am obsessed with our TemperPedic mattress and highly recommend it if you ever get a new mattress!! 

  • Girls' Room: Almost Complete!!!!  Finished Paige's big girl bed--only thing left in here is a bumper for the crib and a bedskirt for Paige's bed!!  Oh--and hang things on the wall--we obviously always procrastinate that sort of thing!

  • Powder Bath Gut:  In Progress!!  The design scheme is almost complete--trying to decide on a wallpaper but other than that, ready for the contractor to start!! 
  • Pink-Girls bathroom redo: In Progress!!  The design is complete and I am thrilled with it!! The contractor should be starting on it next Monday--cross your fingers please!!!!  I HATE waiting on other people!!  inspirational photo--it will be all grey and white with turquoise and coral accents in the towels and accessories!!
 
  • Living Room update:  Almost Complete!!!  We made the decision about a month ago to go ahead and get this room finished up!  I have family coming for Christmas, will be hosting a little Sip-n-See for the new baby here in December and we are just ready!!  I have 2 sofas on order from West Elm that I am just waiting to be delivered and we have two amazingly comfortable leather reclining chairs we bought almost a month ago already!!  Janet revamped the curtains I had in this room with a beautiful border on the bottom and some sheers that tie in the rest of the house!!  Hopefully the sofas will be here in the next 2 weeks and all I will need are some accessories to finish it up!
Pinned Image

  • Interior doors and Knobs:  Hmmm...Tyler gets very burnt out on painting and he made the comment a couple days ago about how he wished the doors would paint themselves...I think I may see how much our contractor would charge us to do it for him.  He works a lot and I know he really wants that project done so we will see on this one!  I bought all the door handles a long time ago with gift cards we had so it should be pretty inexpensive. 
  • Outdoor trees: Almost Time!!  Fall is he best planting time for trees so Tyler said the second weekend of October he would start that...we will see if we get it done.  There are some stumps we have to deal with before planting anything new. 
All in all I feel really good about the things we have accomplished in such a short amount of time (2.5 months)!!  Especially considering we have done a lot of traveling, lots of weddings, baby showers, social events and much more that took up a lot of our weekend time.  With our social schedules calming down a bit, I think we will be able to press through the rest of the things we really want to get done.  Once the Elk is hung up I will post pics of our master and once the sofas get here, I can post on our living room!!  I think my Pinterest board kind of shows what I have done in there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment