Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Herb Garden!!

I am so excited about my little herb garden project!  This particular flowerbed is in the middle of the back yard, lines our porch, has a bench in an L-shape on the inside and used to be HIDEOUS!  From my last post you can see there was a gross tree in the middle of it.  Not only was the tree ugly but it cut off our entire yard because you couldn't see anything around it...especially our lovely hot pink crepe myrtle! 
Most of the things I planted get quite a bit larger so bare with me on trying to use a microscope to see them!

  Mini and me getting all of our goods into the ground! 
Right behind Mini's hand is an English Lavender bush.  It will get about 36" tall and wide!  It will also flower.  Near that I have two varieties of basil-purple ruffled Basil and regular Basil.  Since most of these don't flower, I have spuradically placed some Electric Pink Grass. 

Top line the front of the flowerbed, I used magenta Petunias and Yellow Bells They should both trail into one another and produce lovely flowers all summer!  From the picture below you can see the lime green Sage plant and the Rosemary.

Last but not least, here is the Oregano.  It is sooo pretty although hard to tell in my horrible photo skills.  It will also get about 36" tall and wide. 

I have wanted to paint this bench for a long time!  Last year I hinted I was going to paint it turquoise and Tyler did not approve!  It can't be white or in the tan family or yellow since my patio set is yellow or red since all the brick is red.  Hmmm...yesterday I started considering a smokey, greyish blue.  We painted our master bedroom that color so I may have some extra I can "test"!  If you have an idea, message me!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment