Friday, June 25, 2010

Can it be? 10 months already!

(A little past due-this was written 6-9-10)

My Dearest Baby,
It seems like it was just yesterday you were in my belly!  Now, you are a happy, healthy, mobile, chatty, singing, booty dancing, baby girl who is already 10 months old!  So many people stop me and stopped me when I was pregnant to tell me not to blink, it will go by so fast they would say.  I would nod, I still nod.  But they are right my sweet angel, it goes by oh so fast!  Soon you will be walking and running, talking and jumping...bouncing right out of my arms...well, you already wiggle yourself free when you need a break from mom.  Today you reminded me just how fast it has gone.  You see, you are already a big girl in so many ways.  You can feed yourself, drink on your own, get where you want to go, can reach almost anything it seems, put yourself to sleep, you even help me shampoo your hair!  We chat about lots of important things from friendships to having a good heart to where we will find your wedding dress...we told dad that we might have to fly to Milan to pick one out!  He rolled his eyes and we giggled!  He says you cannot get married until way after you turn 25...so be prepared if you ask him sooner.  We also have chatted recently about the importance of conditioner...yes for your hair.  No one likes a big mess of dry, damaged blonde hair!  I'm serious!  It's nasty!  You started this life with very dark hair but has since turned blonde so we have got to take care of it my sweets!  Dad and I sometimes joke about where you will go to college.  Mommy always votes for SMU and daddy always says TCU.  Yes, we know they are expensive...we have started saving already.  You can go wherever you want though and be whatever you want.  We will be right beside you all the way cheering you on and reassuring you when you get discouraged! 
Today while shopping with a friend and her sweet 4 month old boy, we pushed you both past your limits.  You guys needed a nap and we just needed to find a few more things for our trip...Baby J fell asleep on his mommy and I thought oh how sweet, I miss those days!  As you chewed on "our" gold wallet, you couldn't hold your head anymore and rested it in my hand.  It was pure preciousness!  Then you laid on my shoulder and went right to sleep!  I was in heaven!  If I could freeze a moment in time, that might just be it and I would hold you on my shoulder forever. 
I cherish every minute we spend together and when I think about how much I love you it almost brings me to tears, ok it does sometimes!  You mean more to us than words could ever describe and we love watching you grow.  You are the most beautiful girl we have ever laid our eyes on.  Daddy asks me once a day at least if it will be possible for you to get prettier and each day you do...inside and out. 

Love,
Mom

A few favorite things of mine you are doing now:
*waving at everyone that passes by-and if I say "hello" or "goodbye" you immediately start waving and smiling
*pointing your finger-you like me to come stick my finger on yours and say "ZZZZZZZAP"!
*getting on all fours, raising one hand in the air and shaking your booty (no idea where you learned that:) )
*climbing over Oscar like he's your personal jungle gym

What's on our reading list currently:
"Someday When my Cat Can Talk" by Caroline Lazo and Kyrsten Brooker
"Olivia" by Ian Falconer
"The Book of Virtues" by William J. Bennett

Favorite Foods:
Turkey and sweet potatoes baby food
Club crackers
Mum Mums
water
anything off moms plate
Cheerios

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! you made ME tear up! so sweet...sweet mommy and baby and daddy. love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you do this for your sweet girl. Motherhood is more amazing and perfect than I ever imagined. I know you can relate. I do miss so many things, but also love the new things my little man learns everyday. Still there are some things I don't want to let go of, like snuggling him while he sleeps, or nursing him (don't worry, as much as I want to, I'm not going to nurse him (very much) into toddler-hood). :) Give your beautiful blond girl a hug from me and my handsome blond boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just precious, Heather. What a treasure you are to your sweet girl. Hope we see you very soon!

    ReplyDelete