Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pink House Celebration!











Well, it has been a very busy week and I am pretty sure the next few weeks are going to be equally as busy as we make our final preparations or our special delivery! Last Saturday was a very special day for Paige and me! Kristen (my best friend from high school) threw Paige and me a shower at The Pink House in Claremore for all of my friends and family in that part of the state. It was just wonderful! It’s so nice to be around your friends you have had since you were young and realize even though we don’t see each other as often as we used to or should, it always feels like not a moment has passed since the last time we were all together! I have so many funny, embarrassing, wonderful memories with all of these girls and although a lot of them would make for a very exciting blog, I am not going to incriminate myself or anyone else since I intend to make my blogs into a little book for Paige so she can see how I documented the pregnancy and her first year. My mother in law came with me to Claremore and it was so fun telling her about each girl and how we became friends and why I love each of them. It’s funny all of the funny things you start remembering...Michelle moved to Claremore from Saudi Arabia and certainly wasn’t the priss she is now but equally as fun and exciting. Our moms thought we would be the last girls on the face of the earth to get married, but look at us nowJ. I had to force Sherri to be friends with me as she preferred the hermit crab lifestyle back in middle school and did not like the obnoxious blonde that never had all of her school supplies and gave her makeovers the first time I got her to spend the night at my house! I am certain she is the reason I learned better study habits and made good grades in college! Sarah—I am really sorry I could never let you borrow a pen out of my collection of 300 I carried around everywhere! Sarah’s house was so fun...we would stay up jumping on the trampoline until her mom fell asleep and then called boys all night! Sorry Brenda! Jenny is the only person I have ever met that never went through an ugly stage! The girl was born beautiful and just got prettier every year! We had so much fun together and spent every weekend for years at each other’s houses. She has her first little girl, Grace and I am certain she will be equally as beautiful! And then there’s Kristen...She wore neon green and black striped tights and I wore mini-skirts in the winter just because we felt like it! We passed notes, got in trouble from her dad for talking on the phone too long and then went to college together! I pray every day that Paige finds lifelong friends to enrich her life and be surrounded by amazing women that will encourage her, support her and be there for her like only a best friend can! I am so thankful to have such incredible women in my life!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you forced me to be your friend!! Oh and why did you have 300 pens but never have any of your other school supplies?? It was so good to see you and the rest of the girls and I wish we could do it more often.

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so that just made me cry!!! We had sooo many wonderfully fun times together! We were so fortunate--all of us girls--to have had--still have--each other. :)We definitely need to find more reasons to gather. :) It was so nice seeing you.

    ReplyDelete