Tuesday, July 14, 2009

“It’s a Blessing Being Me!”


So I didn’t come up with this title all on my own today. As I was in the kitchen at work heating up my weight smart oatmeal...yes gross but healthy...I was thinking how tired I felt. A minute later one of the attorneys I work with came bouncing in and I said good morning and someone asked how he was and he said “Super Awesome”! I started giggling and said “It’s really too early to be this happy isn’t it? You haven’t even had your coffee yet!” He then told me that it is just a blessing being him! I started laughing uncontrollably! It was so funny! But as I walked back to my office with my weight smart oatmeal on my two year wedding anniversary date with my big, beautiful baby bump I realized...you know what...It is a blessing to be me too!! So here are a few reasons it’s great to be me...

10. I have an amazing job that I love what I do and I can see all of Oklahoma City from my office window!
9. I am healthy, happy and loved
8. I live in a beautiful home that is full of love (and character—don’t forget about the pink bathroom)
7. I have a long list of life experiences and education that has shaped me into the person I want to be
6. I get unconditional love from my sweetest puppy Oscar—he is the happiest dog I have ever seen and doesn’t seem to be phased at all by being blind. I learn from him every day!
5. I am truly blessed with the greatest friends and most wonderful family a girl could ever dream of!
4. My parents are home safe from their 3 year assignment in Germany and my dad has retired and will be living the good life in Las Vegas!
3. I got to marry my best friend! He looks past my flaws, truly believes I am the prettiest girl alive and thinks I am funny...Ok, he doesn’t think I am funny but the other things are trueJ
2. Today I have been married two wonderful years to a man that is the greatest husband, will be the most amazing father and the most loyal friend you could ever have. Every day I wake up next to him, he makes me want to be a better wife, friend and mom.
1. In a few short weeks we will be welcoming our first child into this world! We can hardly wait to see her sweet face and chubby cheeks and just kiss her all over! My life is a dream...

As you go through your day, think of all of the reasons it’s a blessing to be you! It truly is a great way to start the day and remember to tell those around you that make your life special how wonderful they are!
“To do something, however small, to make others happier and better, is the highest ambition, the most elevating hope, which can inspire a human being.”
—John Lubbock (1834-1913); biologist, politician,

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post. I am also blessed. Even if sometimes I have to say Lord grant me the patience to deal with my blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh make me cry why don't you! That was a GREAT post!! I'm going to remember that on the days I am gripping at Jeff to take out the dang trash!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the things I love most about you! You always look at the upside of life. We're glad that you're a part of our family! love you.

    ReplyDelete