Thursday, February 16, 2012

Oh Cherry

I have a love/hate relationship with Pinterest.  I love all the pretty pictures and ideas but have been pretty disappointed with the recipes.  If you don't know it already about me you probably shouldn't be reading this blog I take food very serious as well as my time as well as my my husband's money so I want the food I cook to be good.  Anyway, I have much more reliable sources for food besides Pinterest.  But, a friend of mine posted this lovely little smoothie recipe that Dr. Oz says is great at night time.  Helps you sleep, has tons of antioxidants and boosts metabolism.  Yes please!
When I am nursing babies my body craves milk.  Which is good and means me and my baby need milk.  The only problem is, I only drink milk with treats.  When I saw this recipe, I thought it was worth the shot to help me break my treat habit!  I bought the ingredients today and tried it tonight!  I love smoothies so I was pretty sure I would like it and I did.  It tasted kind of like a cherry coke float, minus the coke:)!  Here is the link to this lovely, healthy concoction.  I did a little more research on tart cherry juice and found it has been found to reduce symptoms of arthritis and help prevent heart disease as well!

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/sleep-doctor-sleep-slim-smoothie




No comments:

Post a Comment