Saturday, February 11, 2012

Let me introduce...

Hello World!  

I have been on my typical "I have a new baby" hiatus but have been anxious to get back to the blog to share the heavenly new baby before she goes to high school, proclaim I have turned 30 (within the past few days) and have joined the cult of the i-world...times two...

Most importantly, The lovely and perfect in every way, Leighton Kennedy has been such an incredible blessing to our family!  She is the most precious baby (tied with Paige) I have ever laid my eyes on.  She weighed 7 pounds, 13 ounces at birth and now at 9 weeks weighs north of 13.1 pounds and is in the 95% of weight and height...just like Paige was!!  She makes my heart melt just thinking about her!  The saying is so true...before you have a baby, you just have no idea how big and how deep the love for your child is then when you are preparing for your second child you worry how could I ever love this one as much as I love my first?!?!  Its true...your love doesn't re-distribute but grows so much bigger! 

 I have much more to say on the topic of precious baby, motherhood to two, our progress of the home remodel, Pinterest recipes gone bad and my new love for the i-stuff but not enough time for all that today...must prepare for my birthday party!!  But here are a few highlights...

My Blackberry has been on the fritz for close to a year and I have been rigging it to work so I could continue talking myself out of the i-phone. After much resistance I went for it and love it very much!  Now, I feel like its the same thing that happens after you get a tattoo (I don't have any for the record)...you just want more!!  I have wanted a small laptop or an i-pad for some time now so that I could easily take the device wherever I go so I can blog during spare time.  Since I don't have a plethora of spare time in my day-to-day life, when riding in the car or on trips I wanted to be able to blog and work on organizing our family memories in the best way.  I realized the i-pad could not do the job and with my new love of the iPhone, started researching the MacBooks.   Thanks to my sweet family, I now am the proud owner of this tiny yet powerful MacBook Air!  It is so light and small, I can easily use it, take it, blog with it...and much more that I do not understand-yet.  I had to ask the tech lady at the i-store to please use words I could understand as I am not fluent in the i-language. For instance, i-cal did not register in my brain to "calendar".  Please ma'am, just whisper the normal words for me so it doesn't take all afternoon for me to "get it"?! Thanks!!  So, with all that said, hopefully I can get back to the posting!!  

Here are some photos of my precious baby girl and her proud big sis & dad!




Here are a few other highlights from the past couple months...

*We no longer have a pink bathroom!!  It has taken far longer than expected and there are still some finishing touches but it is beautiful, clean and almost done!!!
*We sold my FJ--don't think that happened before my last post??
*We finally purchased a second car, that lovely new car was a 2011 Tahoe which was stolen and wrecked on Christmas day, that Tahoe was repaired and back in our possession yesterday...it has had an interesting life so far for this Tahoe....
*My beautiful, sweet 2 year old broke her collarbone the day after we brought Leighton home from the hospital...fell out of her big girl bed:(.  She has since healed perfectly and is in fact still perfect in every way...
*My family came for Christmas and it was wonderful-minus said Tahoe incident
*Our powder bath is gone and is currently being put back together again...rotted sub floor and mold-check.
*Successfully mastered grocery shopping with more than one child, bathing multiple children, putting multiple children to bed...
*Last but not least, Leighton has an amazing hidden talent--she started sleeping through the night at 6.5 weeks old!  She is an incredible creature!  With sleep, all things are possible!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. So, so precious. Your heart will ABSOLUTELY melt when those girls start communicating with one another! Even when they argue it can be cute. Just get ready. So glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to meet these 2 beautiful children in a few short months!! :)

    ReplyDelete